+ Post New Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 436 to 450 of 450
Other Stuff Thread, Edugeekers and Their Cars in Fun Stuff; I drive a vauxhall astra estate. Loads of room for carrying all of the junk about and i have pritty ...
  1. #436

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    39
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I drive a vauxhall astra estate. Loads of room for carrying all of the junk about and i have pritty looking blue led's for all of the dash lights because i got borred one night.

    I must admit if i could afford it i would drive this about.... EVERYWHERE Vibe Dredd | VIBE Audio

  2. #437
    newpersn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,382
    Thank Post
    327
    Thanked 126 Times in 90 Posts
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Prob a zetec-s then, the zetecs are a little sporty and Zetec-s are lower, different alloys and bumpers. Also often have better trim levels and a few extras, mine has electric powerfold mirrors for when I lock the car, climate control, parking sensors, bluetooth ford headunit for hands free and auto lights and auto wipers

    Before the fiesta I had a 06 focus and an 03 focus both tdcis, the older model seemed far better to drive and more fun, it was the 115 zetec model tho and my newer mk2 focus was a 90 studio model + heavier
    55 plate 1.6TDCI Sport (dont know what standard on it) I think it a different say of saying zetec.

    we are on about mk2 focus?

  3. #438
    bondbill2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,015
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 66 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by newpersn View Post
    55 plate 1.6TDCI Sport (dont know what standard on it) I think it a different say of saying zetec.

    we are on about mk2 focus?
    The sport and the zetec are different trim levels, i'd avoid the 1.6 tdci myself they are underpowered from my experience at only 90bhp. Look at larger focus diesels which will still get near the same economy but have 120bhp+. Best place to look for this info is parkers.

    A list of all the different models and what equiptment they have-
    New Ford Focus Hatchback Car Review - Facts & Figures - Parkers

    A list of all the engines and their performance
    Ford Focus Hatchback (05 on) - Facts & Figures - Parkers

  4. #439


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,950
    Thank Post
    232
    Thanked 909 Times in 780 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Prob a zetec-s then, the zetecs are a little sporty and Zetec-s are lower, different alloys and bumpers. Also often have better trim levels and a few extras,
    actually when you look at it the zetec has a higher spec as you get (at least towards the end of production) colour coded door handle and i think mirrors/bump strips heated front screen and a sony radio as standard all options on the zetec s. Now apart from the heated front screen this is all minor stuff but still

    and for what its worth

  5. #440
    bondbill2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,015
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 66 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    actually when you look at it the zetec has a higher spec as you get (at least towards the end of production) colour coded door handle and i think mirrors/bump strips heated front screen and a sony radio as standard all options on the zetec s. Now apart from the heated front screen this is all minor stuff but still

    and for what its worth
    http://www.stedscarpics.net/gallery/...i/IMG_3727.JPG
    Thats a zetec-s in that photo, the zetec-s had air con and sporty seats as standard along with the sporty looking bumpers, spoiler, different spot lights to other models and partical leather trip which wernt avaliable for the normal zetec, later models often came fairly dark tinted on the rear windows too. They also had different suspension setups to the other models, they were the ST without an ST engine looking car, cosmetic pack basically, why the ZS didn't have colour coded side strips and mirrors as standard is very odd tho, having looked at the extras list they soon add up but there not over priced
    The Ghia is the highest spec as standard with some extras of lower models included.


    Zetec:


    My Zetec-s:


    The Zetec gets 15-inch alloy wheels, rear spoiler, front fog lights and trip computer while Zetec S adds 16-inch alloy wheels, fog lights lowered and stiffened sports suspension, sports gear knob and short-shift, close-ratio gearbox and sports ‘aero’ kit including high-intake front grille and rear spoiler. The Ghia has leather trim, a leather steering wheel, automatic headlamps
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 10th June 2011 at 03:20 PM.

  6. #441


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,950
    Thank Post
    232
    Thanked 909 Times in 780 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Thats a zetec-s in that photo, the zetec-s had air con and sporty seats as standard along with the sporty looking bumpers, spoiler, different spot lights to other models and partical leather trip which wernt avaliable for the normal zetec, later models often came fairly dark tinted on the rear windows too. They also had different suspension setups to the other models, they were the ST without an ST engine looking car, cosmetic pack basically, why the ZS didn't have colour coded side strips and mirrors as standard is very odd tho, having looked at the extras list they soon add up but there not over priced
    The Ghia is the highest spec as standard with some extras of lower models included.


    Zetec:
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/imagecache/...1207-b-for.jpg

    My Zetec-s:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...DSC_0170-1.jpg
    i know thats a zs its mine and parked outside lol

    partial leater only up to a certain reg my 08 is all cloth again air con was standard on all fiestas from about 06-07 ish onwards. Tints were a no cost option but an option non the less i believe. Again the last years of production there was little in it between a zetc and a ghia pretty much just alloys as they crammed most of the tos even onto teh base spec cars infact iirc only the ghia/st/zs diddnt get improved spec and with loss of standard wheel mounted radio controls and loss of 1/2 leather seas the zs got downgraded as everything else got better

  7. #442
    bondbill2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,015
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 66 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    Again the last years of production there was little in it between a zetc and a ghia pretty much just alloys as they crammed most of the tos even onto teh base spec cars infact iirc only the ghia/st/zs diddnt get improved spec and with loss of standard wheel mounted radio controls and loss of 1/2 leather seats the zs got downgraded as everything else got better
    Shocking! I didn't know that, I suppose the zetec is the most popular but to work around a single model rather then their whole range! Oh well I still prefer the ZS mine has cloth seats too and I was supprised when I went to view it as I thought they were completly standard having looked at loads for sale.

  8. #443
    HaleStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,032
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 164 Times in 144 Posts
    Rep Power
    94
    I am now the owner of a shiney 57plate Fiat Bravo 1.4T-Jet ActivSport...low pressure turbo on the petrol engine really upsets the boy-racers in there corsas

  9. #444

    m25man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Romford, Essex
    Posts
    1,663
    Thank Post
    49
    Thanked 473 Times in 342 Posts
    Rep Power
    142
    A spot of trouble on the M25 this morning....
    dmc.jpg

  10. #445

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by m25man View Post
    A spot of trouble on the M25 this morning....
    dmc.jpg
    Looks like he'll be stuck in 2011 for some time......

    Not much chance of getting up to 88mph on the M25!

  11. #446
    MaceZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lots of different places...
    Posts
    129
    Thank Post
    12
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    That's the model that flys isn't it...?

  12. #447

    aerospacemango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,994
    Thank Post
    283
    Thanked 249 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceZ4 View Post
    That's the model that flys isn't it...?
    Definitely not....otherwise WHY would he be sitting in traffic?????

    Obviously, he's on his way back from 1955 to 1985....and got lost!

  13. #448
    jimmy_2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    198
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    haha love the delorean. Did you know they were accually built in Belfast.

    Anyway I drive a rather modest 5 Door Citroen Xsara, I didn't have much money at the time and needed a affordable car. Seems a family tradtion, not got much money, need a car? theres always a Citroen! Would get somthing nicer but people keep scratching, denting my cars. Someone backed into the side of it the other day.. sigh

  14. #449


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,950
    Thank Post
    232
    Thanked 909 Times in 780 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Looks like he'll be stuck in 2011 for some time......

    Not much chance of getting up to 88mph on the M25!
    isnt the engine so poor they struggle to do 88 anyway (back to the future cars had porsche engines in)

  15. #450

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    127
    Thank Post
    110
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    I've got a 1990 Vauxhall Nova, started as a 1.2 Diamond, its now got full SR exterior trim, 15" compomotive MO Alloys, Astra 256mm front brakes, lowered 60mm on uprated shocks and springs. Pollybushes all round, interior is stripped of anything to save weight, bucket seats, harnesses and steering wheel is all its got. Enigne wise its got a 1.6 8v GTE engine thats been fully rebuilt with a lightened and balanced bottom end, overbored to 1650cc, head has been ported and polished, running a Kent cam, twin weber 40 carbs, 4 branch manifold and a full sportex exhust system. Pushing out about 140bhp. Not used as a daily driver as I'm too old to put up with it now lol.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Similar Threads

  1. Edugeekers and Their Motorcycles
    By edie209 in forum Other Stuff
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 15th December 2010, 12:58 AM
  2. The Ex Edugeekers Club
    By mark in forum Other Stuff
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th December 2007, 06:55 PM
  3. Very Young Edugeekers
    By witch in forum Comments and Suggestions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 17th December 2007, 02:54 PM
  4. BBQ Season watch out here come the edugeekers
    By alonebfg in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 8th May 2007, 11:12 AM
  5. England flags on cars
    By beeswax in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2nd June 2006, 11:23 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •