+ Post New Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Other Stuff Thread, Edugeekers and Their Cars in Fun Stuff; I drive a vauxhall astra estate. Loads of room for carrying all of the junk about and i have pritty ...

Thank Post
    I drive a vauxhall astra estate. Loads of room for carrying all of the junk about and i have pritty looking blue led's for all of the dash lights because i got borred one night.

I must admit if i could afford it i would drive this about.... EVERYWHERE Vibe Dredd | VIBE Audio

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Prob a zetec-s then, the zetecs are a little sporty and Zetec-s are lower, different alloys and bumpers. Also often have better trim levels and a few extras, mine has electric powerfold mirrors for when I lock the car, climate control, parking sensors, bluetooth ford headunit for hands free and auto lights and auto wipers

Before the fiesta I had a 06 focus and an 03 focus both tdcis, the older model seemed far better to drive and more fun, it was the 115 zetec model tho and my newer mk2 focus was a 90 studio model + heavier
    55 plate 1.6TDCI Sport (dont know what standard on it) I think it a different say of saying zetec.

we are on about mk2 focus?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newpersn View Post
    55 plate 1.6TDCI Sport (dont know what standard on it) I think it a different say of saying zetec.

we are on about mk2 focus?
    The sport and the zetec are different trim levels, i'd avoid the 1.6 tdci myself they are underpowered from my experience at only 90bhp. Look at larger focus diesels which will still get near the same economy but have 120bhp+. Best place to look for this info is parkers.

A list of all the different models and what equiptment they have-
    New Ford Focus Hatchback Car Review - Facts & Figures - Parkers

A list of all the engines and their performance
    Ford Focus Hatchback (05 on) - Facts & Figures - Parkers

Thank Post
    Prob a zetec-s then, the zetecs are a little sporty and Zetec-s are lower, different alloys and bumpers. Also often have better trim levels and a few extras,
    actually when you look at it the zetec has a higher spec as you get (at least towards the end of production) colour coded door handle and i think mirrors/bump strips heated front screen and a sony radio as standard all options on the zetec s. Now apart from the heated front screen this is all minor stuff but still

and for what its worth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    actually when you look at it the zetec has a higher spec as you get (at least towards the end of production) colour coded door handle and i think mirrors/bump strips heated front screen and a sony radio as standard all options on the zetec s. Now apart from the heated front screen this is all minor stuff but still

and for what its worth
    http://www.stedscarpics.net/gallery/...i/IMG_3727.JPG
    Thats a zetec-s in that photo, the zetec-s had air con and sporty seats as standard along with the sporty looking bumpers, spoiler, different spot lights to other models and partical leather trip which wernt avaliable for the normal zetec, later models often came fairly dark tinted on the rear windows too. They also had different suspension setups to the other models, they were the ST without an ST engine looking car, cosmetic pack basically, why the ZS didn't have colour coded side strips and mirrors as standard is very odd tho, having looked at the extras list they soon add up but there not over priced
    The Ghia is the highest spec as standard with some extras of lower models included.

Zetec:

My Zetec-s:

The Zetec gets 15-inch alloy wheels, rear spoiler, front fog lights and trip computer while Zetec S adds 16-inch alloy wheels, fog lights lowered and stiffened sports suspension, sports gear knob and short-shift, close-ratio gearbox and sports ‘aero’ kit including high-intake front grille and rear spoiler. The Ghia has leather trim, a leather steering wheel, automatic headlamps
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 10th June 2011 at 03:20 PM.

Thank Post
    Thats a zetec-s in that photo, the zetec-s had air con and sporty seats as standard along with the sporty looking bumpers, spoiler, different spot lights to other models and partical leather trip which wernt avaliable for the normal zetec, later models often came fairly dark tinted on the rear windows too. They also had different suspension setups to the other models, they were the ST without an ST engine looking car, cosmetic pack basically, why the ZS didn't have colour coded side strips and mirrors as standard is very odd tho, having looked at the extras list they soon add up but there not over priced
    The Ghia is the highest spec as standard with some extras of lower models included.

Zetec:
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/imagecache/...1207-b-for.jpg

My Zetec-s:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...DSC_0170-1.jpg
    i know thats a zs its mine and parked outside lol

partial leater only up to a certain reg my 08 is all cloth again air con was standard on all fiestas from about 06-07 ish onwards. Tints were a no cost option but an option non the less i believe. Again the last years of production there was little in it between a zetc and a ghia pretty much just alloys as they crammed most of the tos even onto teh base spec cars infact iirc only the ghia/st/zs diddnt get improved spec and with loss of standard wheel mounted radio controls and loss of 1/2 leather seas the zs got downgraded as everything else got better

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    Again the last years of production there was little in it between a zetc and a ghia pretty much just alloys as they crammed most of the tos even onto teh base spec cars infact iirc only the ghia/st/zs diddnt get improved spec and with loss of standard wheel mounted radio controls and loss of 1/2 leather seats the zs got downgraded as everything else got better
    Shocking! I didn't know that, I suppose the zetec is the most popular but to work around a single model rather then their whole range! Oh well I still prefer the ZS mine has cloth seats too and I was supprised when I went to view it as I thought they were completly standard having looked at loads for sale.

Thank Post
    I am now the owner of a shiney 57plate Fiat Bravo 1.4T-Jet ActivSport...low pressure turbo on the petrol engine really upsets the boy-racers in there corsas

Thank Post
    A spot of trouble on the M25 this morning....
    dmc.jpg

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by m25man View Post
    A spot of trouble on the M25 this morning....
    dmc.jpg
    Looks like he'll be stuck in 2011 for some time......

Not much chance of getting up to 88mph on the M25!

Thank Post
    That's the model that flys isn't it...?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceZ4 View Post
    That's the model that flys isn't it...?
    Definitely not....otherwise WHY would he be sitting in traffic?????

Obviously, he's on his way back from 1955 to 1985....and got lost!

Thank Post
    haha love the delorean. Did you know they were accually built in Belfast.

Anyway I drive a rather modest 5 Door Citroen Xsara, I didn't have much money at the time and needed a affordable car. Seems a family tradtion, not got much money, need a car? theres always a Citroen! Would get somthing nicer but people keep scratching, denting my cars. Someone backed into the side of it the other day.. sigh

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Looks like he'll be stuck in 2011 for some time......

Not much chance of getting up to 88mph on the M25!
    isnt the engine so poor they struggle to do 88 anyway (back to the future cars had porsche engines in)

Thank Post
    I've got a 1990 Vauxhall Nova, started as a 1.2 Diamond, its now got full SR exterior trim, 15" compomotive MO Alloys, Astra 256mm front brakes, lowered 60mm on uprated shocks and springs. Pollybushes all round, interior is stripped of anything to save weight, bucket seats, harnesses and steering wheel is all its got. Enigne wise its got a 1.6 8v GTE engine thats been fully rebuilt with a lightened and balanced bottom end, overbored to 1650cc, head has been ported and polished, running a Kent cam, twin weber 40 carbs, 4 branch manifold and a full sportex exhust system. Pushing out about 140bhp. Not used as a daily driver as I'm too old to put up with it now lol.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930