+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Other Stuff Thread, Edugeekers and Their Cars in Fun Stuff; Audi A4 Avant 2.0t Quattro S-Line. Dual zone climate control, four wheel drive, 200bhp, 18" 9 spoke alloys. Needs a ...
    Thank Post

Audi A4 Avant 2.0t Quattro S-Line.

Dual zone climate control, four wheel drive, 200bhp, 18" 9 spoke alloys. Needs a Brodit phone holder, and an ipod adapter fitting as soon as I have some spare cash.

And what it looks like at the moment after a taxi revsered into it while i was beeping the horn to warn him...

RwD

Thank Post

Something about Audis in Wakey

I have an A4 TDI and work in Wakey. Have you noticed the amount of Audis around? WTF! lol.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    The bad point common to all was cr@p steel and rustproofing..they all rot to nothing. Every summer I stripped and rebuilt it, repainted etc..still came back. In the end I gave it to a fellow club member, and it went off in a convoy of 5 Maestros to a total restoration.
    That's dedication, or insanity.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WOW_freak View Post
    I have an A4 TDI and work in Wakey. Have you noticed the amount of Audis around? WTF! lol.
    Yeah there are a few- saw a gorgeous RS4 yesterday on my way home on the M62, very droolworthy. I take slight pride in the fact that I've not seen any of the exact model round here. I shall be dissapointed and fitting gadgetry when i do!

RwD

Thank Post
    My car has a big dent in the driver side door where someone drove into me. It was her fault, but she had right of way so she decided to claim on my insurance, losing me 5 years of no claims bonus.

And it's just failed its MOT today as apparently they need to replace something on the front suspension. Even though it was booked in for a service first - surely they should've picked up on that then?

They want me to pay for the suspension to be fixed and then for another MOT. I said if i'm paying for another MOT I'm not going to pay for the service as they obviously didn't do it right.

This all really annoys me as i hate driving. I hated driving when i passed my test and I still hate it now. I only live 4 miles from work and my boyfriend has a car so we could just use his and i'll bike to work

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RinSewand View Post
    *snipped pictures*
    Audi A4 Avant 2.0t Quattro S-Line.

Dual zone climate control, four wheel drive, 200bhp, 18" 9 spoke alloys. Needs a Brodit phone holder, and an ipod adapter fitting as soon as I have some spare cash.
    mmmmmmm lovely, I nearly bought an Audi A3 with the same spec back in the autumn, just missed it as I couldn't raise the cash needed but that was a lovely vehicle so I know yours will be. Soooo want an RS4 though but too expensive for me

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danrhodes View Post
    Is that reporting 288mph on your dash, what have I told you about racing veyrons on your days off!
    288 it was, yes..at 7000rpm with the engine overheating and the dash voice-synth stating "Warning! High engine temperature"...

Self test diagnostic mode.. Great fun.

Thank Post
    [QUOTE=Joh619;360327]
    They want me to pay for the suspension to be fixed and then for another MOT. I said if i'm paying for another MOT I'm not going to pay for the service as they obviously didn't do it right.
    [QUOTE]
    You usually have a week or two (depending on the garage) to get it fixed and then get a free retest - They usually just check the sections that failed previously.

Thank Post

Re: Edugeekers and their cars...

Can't for the life of me remember how I found myself in this part of Edugeek, but now I'm here..... I drive a 2004 Landrover Defender 110, 2.5 TD5. 9 Seats, (I don't even know 9 people...) Wanted one all my life, and after owning a long list of sensible Japanese estates/station wagons, that were all practical and efficient, but quite boring, I bought the Defender a few years ago. Every morning when I go outside it makes me smile and despite the usual "it's a land rover and bound to fall apart" comments, it so far has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. My wife hates driving it round town as it has the turning circle of the Ark Royal, and yes, it does drive like a brick, but as they say, it is "the best 4x4 by far"....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by earlyriser; 10th August 2009 at 02:08 AM.

Thank Post
    I drive the new Fiesta Zetec model, even has USB, one fault though it doesn’t like my Iphone 3G. so i can't change tracks using the steering wheel controls.

Thank Post
    I've just bought myself a megane convertible - so will take the blame for all the rain we're having

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    I signed the dotted line to get my self a brand-new Seat Leon 1.9 (2009 face lift) last week! Hopefully I'll be able to get the finance, I've just come out of student life!
    My old car was worth £4140 with the scrappage!! Couldn't pass up on that deal :P
    Just got to wait till september (providing i get the finance) to pick up the car so that it has the new reg

Thank Post
    I now drive a skyline 350gt

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I cannot remember if I have ever replied to this but I have changed my car recently.

I now drive a BMW 320d Touring and a 1973 MG Midget

My wife drives a Mini One Convertible

GJE

Thank Post
    ooooo.. i love my cars

My car history:

Ford Fiesta 1992 1.0 - my first car, proceeded to fit 6x9 in shelf and stereo and thought i was a king!

Fiat Punto 2001 1.2 - my first purchase spent £3k on it from my placement money ended up giving it to my younger brother and someone stole it from him and drove it into a road of cars

Fiat Punto 1994 1.4 - blue, alloys, lots of memories, my first 3 door, loved it

Saab 95 Aero 2000 2.3 - Oh man i loved this car only had it for six months but my oh my, my first car toy, 0-60 6.5 secs 230bhp, leather interior, the full works, 17mpg!, The best cup holder in the world, will definately be buying another Saab

Current Car Vauxhall Astra 2001 Silver 1.8 SRi with full irmscher bodykit - looks nice, 40mpg, and does the job really and ultra reliable so far

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread