+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Other Stuff Thread, Canceling TV shows in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by ZeroHour Wow rabbie that was very cruel... I got the email notification as I bet many others ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Wow rabbie that was very cruel... I got the email notification as I bet many others did.
    sort of like when i load up the bbc homepage and see "watch highlights of XXXX get fired in the apprentice" and realise i missed the episode the night before

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cools View Post
    If every one buys a SGU DVD Blu ray - box set it might keep it going..

wish full thinking..
    If only but it did not help Atlantis any, besides, spaceships, time travel and technology, thats the last thing they actually seem to want on the SyFy channel these days. I do like Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven but they just aren't quite the same.

Thank Post
    Warehouse 13 is like Eureka it will be years b4 the next series comes out...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cools View Post
    Warehouse 13 is like Eureka it will be years b4 the next series comes out...
    Yea, SyFy is shocking, its like waiting for a BBC series (the whole 6 eps a year thing) but without the assurance that it will actually happen.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Yea, SyFy is shocking, its like waiting for a BBC series (the whole 6 eps a year thing) but without the assurance that it will actually happen.
    Both Eureka and W13 are out in the USA next month. So, they'll likely appear in the UK sometime near Christmas...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thought of another series I really enjoy Being Human (UK) is pretty ace but the end of series 3 will certainly change how series 4 plays out. The US version is okay but I dont like the casting as much except Bishop.
    Also Misfits is good too.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Both Eureka and W13 are out in the USA next month. So, they'll likely appear in the UK sometime near Christmas...
    Cool thanks, at least there will be something sciency to watch shortly which is good news as SGU is canned and Fringe is end of season.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Thought of another series I really enjoy Being Human (UK) is pretty ace but the end of series 3 will certainly change how series 4 plays out.
    Yeh that show is ace, and your right going to be very different next series!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    V 2009 still hasn't had confirmation about a Season 3 yet
    According to DS, it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Game of Thrones, hope that continues for a long time
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    I'm holding out on games of thrones, half way through the book.

if anyones read the books and watched the show. does it spoil anything from the other books?
    GoT has already got a second season, and they're sticking quite close to the books with 1 season/book (though there is speculation that Books 3 and 4 may be merged to form 2 seasons) so there's unlikely to be spoilers for the later books. Avoid pretty much anywhere discussing the show/books or you WILL be spoiled.

My missus is into True Blood and The Gates..
    Hope she's not too attached to The Gates (not watched it yet, but frankly amazed it stayed on air as long as it did).

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    it really does brainwash you as well, particulary the advertising, but you don't realise that until you stop watching it for a length of time.
    What are these adverts you speak of? That's what the fast-forward button is for, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Thats a depressing end to he week to find out that SGU is no more, was looking forward to that and wondered why it had not reappeared. I was something I could watch without having to waste too many brain cells but found it riveting (dont know what that says about me!) How about Warehouse 13? Has that been canned as well, if it has could go into deep depression. Looks like I'm stuck with Emergency Vets untill somehing else comes along.
    C'mon SGU was struggling from the start - it was a surprise it got a second season. W13 has been renewed and should start in the US in the next couple of months. There's a rumour that a steampunk W13 spin-off starring the lovely Jaime Murray as HG Wells is being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Nevermind Caprica returns on monday night Sky 1.

Ben
    ...not for much longer. Not a good year for Ronald Moore - his "fairy tale cop precinct" show failed to get picked up for series, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    and characters i really can't connect with!
    I quite like Stella's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    No-one had mentioned Heroes yet? That was another one that just stopped.

I know they count the viewers in the US market as the be-all-and-end-all, but do they not consider viewers in other countries? A lot of the US shows get 'fast tracked' here, so we are only a couple of weeks behind the US rather than a whole season like the UK.

With the idea of Hulu coming to Australia as well, which will obviously bring a lot of the US shows direct to a new audience, surely they must consider these viewers too?

Anyway, Is house cancelled or isnt it? Is Two and a Half Men definately cancelled or did they resolve the issue? Has The Event been renewed?

Any other new shows to be aware of that I might not know about, esp any new UK shows?
    Heroes started well, but just kept repeating itself.

As for audience, there have been times when direct production involvement has prolonged the life of a show that the US would have cancelled (I think the BBC put money into the last couple of seasons of Due South) and I believe Baywatch carried on as long as it did due to popularity abroad, but the Yanks only usually care about domestic viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    House is not cancelled. There is an 8th season being produced.

Two and a Half Men has been put on hold and no final decision made, but as Charlie Sheen was sacked there is talk that it will continue without him.

The Event hasn't finished airing season 1 yet, so a decision is unlikely to be made before it does.
    2 1/2 Men - let's just say that Charlie Sheen isn't very happy with Ashton Kutcher. The Event is cancelled (again, quite surprised it lasted as long as it did).
    Last edited by LeMarchand; 14th May 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,771 Posts
    Fringe: Enjoying it more and more not sure if its still going for another season yet.
    Fringe has been renewed for another 22 episodes.

If there was one show that shouldn't have got cancelled it was Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Thank Post
    They should never have cancelled Prisoner Cell Block H.

I gave up watching most new shows when everyone started calling them seasons instead of series. Someone on here even used the word franchise.

I did get into a show called 'Smith' on ITV4 a few years ago that starred Ray Liotta. Watched about 4 episodes, then the following week it wasn't on. I had a quick google, and found out that it had been cancelled before ITV4 had started showing it. What is the point of showing it then? Why did you buy the rights to show it you morons?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    I did get into a show called 'Smith' on ITV4 a few years ago that starred Ray Liotta. Watched about 4 episodes, then the following week it wasn't on. I had a quick google, and found out that it had been cancelled before ITV4 had started showing it. What is the point of showing it then? Why did you buy the rights to show it you morons?
    They probably bought it before it started broadcasting in the US and figured that they might as well try to recoup some of their money.

A few years back the UK channels did a lot of pre-buying to make sure they got the hot new shows, but some of them got their fingers badly burnt.

Thank Post
    @LeMarchand: Not finding anything definate regarding V - I'm hoping its renewed considering the ending for Season 2.. Just informed the Mrs about The Gates and she's gutted - lol

There does seem to be a trend to re-imagine a lot of the old shows - probably after the success of BSG..

Wonder what other shows would be worth re-imagining?

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @LeMarchand: Not finding anything definate regarding V - I'm hoping its renewed considering the ending for Season 2.. Just informed the Mrs about The Gates and she's gutted - lol

There does seem to be a trend to re-imagine a lot of the old shows - probably after the success of BSG..

Wonder what other shows would be worth re-imagining?
    Yes, it looks like V is gone which makes sense, it was good. I also agree that the Terminator series should not have been canceled, it was way stronger than Dollhouse which lived another season. SGU only got two seasons because it was contracted for two at the start because they knew it would be an uphill battle, in the last seasion though they gave in and actually reverted to what made the originals good which made it ashame that it was canned in the end given the arc that it was finally taking.

ABC Cancels V , Off the Map , Five More - TV.com;

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast