With the greatest respect to everyone who watches them, but I think it's quite sad that people care so much about these shows, just an example of how much that little box in the corner rules a lot of peoples lives these days. I don't have a TV that's capable of receiving a broadcast signal, and my god it's the best thing ever. I do ocassionally watch shows, but normally buy them on DVD to watch when I want or ocassionally watch on-line, but I rekon I watch less than a few hours of TV a week (unless you count films, I watch a lot of films)
It's not always been like that, go back 3 years and I watched a lot of TV, but when I moved into lodging with someone, they didn't have a TV for the first few months I was there as it was a brand new flat and they literally had nothing, and I grew to not miss it and started finding other things to fill my time. Then when I eventually brought my own house I did sign up for sky TV, but found I just never watched it ever so cancelled it and never looked back. TV just bores me now, it really does brainwash you as well, particulary the advertising, but you don't realise that until you stop watching it for a length of time.
Must admit thou life on mars was a good series, and bloody prison break that hooked me in - both of those were watched on DVD thou.
Thats a depressing end to he week to find out that SGU is no more, was looking forward to that and wondered why it had not reappeared. I was something I could watch without having to waste too many brain cells but found it riveting (dont know what that says about me!) How about Warehouse 13? Has that been canned as well, if it has could go into deep depression. Looks like I'm stuck with Emergency Vets untill somehing else comes along.
Nevermind Caprica returns on monday night Sky 1.
CSI NY needs to be cancelled purely for the technological BS they keep coming up with. a crime lab with a budget of billions by the looks of it, people who know how to hack any database in the world yet still ask "so what is data transfer" to each other, and characters i really can't connect with!
No-one had mentioned Heroes yet? That was another one that just stopped.
I know they count the viewers in the US market as the be-all-and-end-all, but do they not consider viewers in other countries? A lot of the US shows get 'fast tracked' here, so we are only a couple of weeks behind the US rather than a whole season like the UK.
With the idea of Hulu coming to Australia as well, which will obviously bring a lot of the US shows direct to a new audience, surely they must consider these viewers too?
Anyway, Is house cancelled or isnt it? Is Two and a Half Men definately cancelled or did they resolve the issue? Has The Event been renewed?
Any other new shows to be aware of that I might not know about, esp any new UK shows?
House is not cancelled. There is an 8th season being produced.
Two and a Half Men has been put on hold and no final decision made, but as Charlie Sheen was sacked there is talk that it will continue without him.
The Event hasn't finished airing season 1 yet, so a decision is unlikely to be made before it does.
Cool, cheers. I do enjoy Hustle but its a shame the BBC can only do shows like that in runs of 6. I guess they don't have the budget / ideas to do a decent length series.
Then again, I used to watch Spooks, that was pretty good and a decent length each series , is that still going? What about mock the week?
Hustle is finished after the next series.
Wow, lots of tv series to talk about here.
- Dollhouse: weak season 1 but they drastically improved season 2 and I wish it had continued but they REALLY made season 1 too slow.
- House: yep its renewed and I doubt Hugh Laurie will not be in it.
- Firefly: yeh one of the best that should have never have been cancelled.
- Castle: Season 4 is being made currently
- Game of Thrones: loving it so far, it is a little slow but I think they are probably building for a second season
- Flash Forward: some mistakes early on but the premise was good
- SGU: Far too many slow drama type episodes tbh which meant it missed its target SG fan but it got a lot better towards the end
- Spartacus: Brilliant although low budget, some of the cgi was pretty roapy for the blood but good news there, season 2 is coming next year but the lead has had to be replaced. The original guy developed cancer and they made the prequel to buy him time to recover but the cancer has returned so they have had to replace him, he was happy though the series continued.
- Camelot: made by the same people as spartacus (starz) and I am enjoying its dark twist on the Arthur story, episode 4 was very good and nicely dark regarding Excalibur, well worth a watch and it has eva green in it
- NCIS (original): I enjoy it even though its a bit hammy sort of not serious, the ending of the original female agent was a surpise though.
- Lie to Me: I liked it but tbh the king of that approach is the mentalist
- The Mentalist: not sure if its being renewed yet but its one of my favourite series right now
- Warehouse 13: not bad, enjoy it enough but I would honestly be surprised if they renew although its certainly not bad
- Burn Notice: this has another season coming, I really love Bruce Campbell, he is the man!
- Chuck: I believe its being renewed for another season, its okay but I feel it lost its spark
- Fringe: Enjoying it more and more not sure if its still going for another season yet.
- The Event: Good so far
- V: I am enjoying it, no word yet if its renewed.
Last edited by ZeroHour; 13th May 2011 at 01:28 PM.
Forgot all about Heroes!! Was getting to be a good show..
As for the CSI franchise - I feel Vegas is the strongest both in characters and in actual forensics
Miami seems to be more about how many shots of women in bikini's they can acheive in 45 mins!
NY is the weakest by far.. In fact they ruined it for me way back in one of the early episodes (S1 or S2) when they took a hard drive out of a PC that had been involved in a bomb blast or fire and then proceeeded to open it up IN THE LAB and swap the platters to another unit!!
And dont get me started on them reading the text from a number plate or sticker using somes sod eyeball that is reflected in a mirror and then enhance the photo, zoom in and get a crystal clear image of said number plate/sticker/poster
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)