+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Other Stuff Thread, Formula 1, 2011 season!! in Fun Stuff; I wonder if Mark Webber will take any more flying lessons this season....

Thank Post

I wonder if Mark Webber will take any more flying lessons this season.

Thank Post
    I'm looking forward to the new season here! Finally getting HD, yay!

Thank Post
    I didn't have a problem with Legard. I thought he was a decent enough commentator. I do however think that having DC and Brundle in the box will be better.

Thank Post
    Natalie Pinkham will be doing the 5 live pitlane reporting.
    Last edited by L_Smith; 13th January 2011 at 09:11 AM.

Thank Post
    Kubica seriously injured in rally crash, not life threatening but multiple fractures including wrists and legs apparently:
    Kubica 'seriously injured' in rally crash | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Thank Post
    The greatest fear is for the Pole’s hand, which has reportedly been crushed and risks requiring amputation. The other concern is that following an F3 accident back in 2003 that left him with a broken arm, should the latest injury complicate that fracture, it could seriously endanger or even destroy his F1 career.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Amputation threat is now over thankfully, but will be in microsurgery until much later tonight. It's not looking good for him to get back into his race seat at all this season let alone for the start. Trouble is, it leaves Renault with one of the, if not the weakest driver lineups in F1 - Senna and Petrov. Unless of course they go back on their words about Senna and give Heidfeld or De La Rosa a seat.
    Kubica is a world class act and will be big shoes to fill. Here's hoping he gets better soon, really want to see him race in a winning car.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Amputation threat is now over thankfully, but will be in microsurgery until much later tonight. It's not looking good for him to get back into his race seat at all this season let alone for the start. Trouble is, it leaves Renault with one of the, if not the weakest driver lineups in F1 - Senna and Petrov. Unless of course they go back on their words about Senna and give Heidfeld or De La Rosa a seat.
    Kubica is a world class act and will be big shoes to fill. Here's hoping he gets better soon, really want to see him race in a winning car.
    i believe they also have grogeon (no idea how to spell it) under contract as well

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Grosjean isn't exactly hot either

Looks like it'll be more permanent than first thought. We won't know until a week or so time if he's likely to get any use of his hand back, however it's almost certain he won't be racing this year and his career is still very much under threat.

YouTube - Robert Kubica car crash at Andora Rally 2/6/11

YouTube - Pierwsza animacja 3D wypadku Roberta Kubicy Ronde di Andora 06.02.2011

Thank Post
    Really hope that things work out as well as possible for Kubica, he's a great guy and a great racer. It would be a great shame to see his career destroyed by this.

In terms of Renault's situation, it's not ideal. They're the team with the most drivers available to them, but with the least experience (well, okay, Sauber do rival them to a small extent but Kobayashi has proven himself and Perez looks good). Senna was half-decent last season, but I (and a lot of others) felt that Chandhok was significantly better. The occasions where Senna got out-qualified by Yamamoto were embarrassing. Grosjean could be a big hit or a real waste. His only opportunity in F1 so far was in a Renault that was a dog to drive and had the KERS balance issue (Raikkonen mentioned at one point that it was no surprise that Fisichella, who had been on pole the race before he joined Ferrari, struggled to adapt), but his GP2 performances were fairly impressive at times. Ho Pin Tung doesn't really seem like he'd be worth taking a chance on; he leaves a lot to be desired.

As has been mentioned above, Heidfeld and de la Rosa are both options, although Pedro has a contract with Pirelli now. Heidfeld might be the best bet, as he has recent experience and is proven to be a quality driver who can score podiums and bring the car home. Some alternatives might include Hulkenberg, despite his Force India contract and Chandhok although his flirting with Lotus might rule him out there...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have to say looking forward to season mainly as GP3 will be back on Eurosport if want to see action that is the support race to watch Over commentary team had nothing against Legard but did feel that martin and him never gel'd. It will be interesting to see Martin do main commentary and not the 'colour' stuff.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    His hand was "partially severed" by the armco barrier that pierced the car. Ouch. Certainly out for this season

Thank Post
    I'm gutted. Kubica is one of my favourite drivers. Very entertaining to watch and a nice guy.

Thank Post
    It's good to hear that Kubica isn't totally up the creek but I'd imagine his F1 career is. Unlike a lot of other motorsports, you need excellent sensitivity and control from your hand which I think Kubica will no longer have.

If I were Renault, I'd give Senna a bash at it. I think last season was hard on him due to HRT having an absolutely awful car that never seemed to get any better. Chandhok was actually one of my favourite drivers last season, an honest good guy and I'd love to see him back in a race seat.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    Chandhok was actually one of my favourite drivers last season, an honest good guy and I'd love to see him back in a race seat.
    definately i dont think he got a fair crack last year but did seem the best of the hrt drivers imo

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast