+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Other Stuff Thread, Apple iPhones in Fun Stuff; if you do a restore in itunes, then apple shouldn't be able to detect a jailbroken device as when restoring ...

Thank Post
    if you do a restore in itunes, then apple shouldn't be able to detect a jailbroken device as when restoring it you do a full OS reload (ie. like installing windows from scratch)

also, im not quite sure what you mean by 'Non standard connectors for earphones' as all my ipods (and all the iphones i've seen) have a pretty standard 3.5mm headphone jack.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by computer_expert View Post
    if you do a restore in itunes, then apple shouldn't be able to detect a jailbroken device as when restoring it you do a full OS reload (ie. like installing windows from scratch)
    Bit of an inconvenience. Won't you lose all your stuff?

also, im not quite sure what you mean by 'Non standard connectors for earphones' as all my ipods (and all the iphones i've seen) have a pretty standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
    Have updated original post and removed that now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Bit of an inconvenience. Won't you lose all your stuff?
    Yes, but isn't it recommended to remove all data from ipods/computers/games consoles etc before sending them off for a warranty repair?

(that is providing that you can access the device and remove anything which might be hard in the case of hardware failure)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by computer_expert View Post
    Yes, but isn't it recommended to remove all data from ipods/computers/games consoles etc before sending them off for a warranty repair?

(that is providing that you can access the device and remove anything which might be hard in the case of hardware failure)
    Yeah, usually I'd just take the SD card out, and replace it upon return

Thank Post
    James, did you not comment at negatively BETT about my iPhone when I said I couldn't get signal?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    James, did you not comment at negatively BETT about my iPhone when I said I couldn't get signal?
    lol - thanks for all your help - so its best to get one with my phone network provider already?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Why would you want an iPhone? Everything that comes as standard with other smartphones is lacking on the iPhone.

No expandable memory - not bothered about this. I have a 16GB iPhone 3G and won't come close to filling half of it.
    No replaceable battery - I'll worry about that if it breaks. No biggy.
    No MP3 ringtones - Easy to create them and put them on the iPhone if needed.
    No SMS groups - I've no use for these
    No bluetooth file transfer - Again, not fussed about this. Never needed to transfer via Bluetooth to another phone or anything. There are other ways if I need it.

3G:

No MMS - Yes there is
    No video recording - no, but a brief look on the App Store and there are plenty of apps that facilitate this. I use Qik Video which is brilliant.
    2 megapixel camera - Adequate for my needs. If I need better, I'll use my camera (surprisingly).
    Non-replaceable battery - as above
    Personally, I love my iPhone but I think it's very user specific.
    If you're not bothered about any of the above (like me) or quite happy finding other solutions (like me) then the iPhone is great.
    There's nothing wrong with the iPhone. It's just not the ideal solution for everyone.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Don't remember saying anything like that infact didn't get chance to speak to you much soo

Thank Post
    Aye - not for everyone, but if you're willing to work round the faults then the plus points more than make up for it. It should all work if you get it unlocked, if you're getting one for free then you may as well try, failing that flog it and put the cash towards the payment for one from your provider.

Also - Air Mouse Pro is possible the best application ever invented anywhere ever (just been playing about with it today to control the laptop in the hall when assemblies are on, means we can sit at the mixing desks at the back instead of standing at the front) Also knows what the window in focus is and provides you with the appropriate controls (play, pause, volume in media player etc)

RwD

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12