+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Other Stuff Thread, My Accidental 10km Walk in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by SYNACK .... Continuing on through more farmland the track stumbled across a gravel road for a short ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Continuing on through more farmland the track stumbled across a gravel road for a short distance then quickly climbed again into a litely forested area of realitivly new pine trees.

Continued in next post...
    Just out of interest.. what camera was these pictures taken on? Looks very nice over there. Don't know if it's my monitor here at work but pictures look underexposed.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeglover View Post
    Just out of interest.. what camera was these pictures taken on? Looks very nice over there. Don't know if it's my monitor here at work but pictures look underexposed.
    It was just my phone cammera, an HTC Touch Pro 2 and you are right about the exposure being off, it was much brighter and lighter than is shown in the photos. The ones on flickr are slightly better due to less compression but the phone is really not that good at landscapes because it is not an infinite focus lense along with the lense being only about 2mm and the CCD is probably the same.

The next time I go for a walk I will be taking something better, maybe even the dSLR which should result in much better photos.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    It was just my phone cammera, an HTC Touch Pro 2 and you are right about the exposure being off, it was much brighter and lighter than is shown in the photos. The ones on flickr are slightly better due to less compression but the phone is really not that good at landscapes because it is not an infinite focus lense along with the lense being only about 2mm and the CCD is probably the same.

The next time I go for a walk I will be taking something better, maybe even the dSLR which should result in much better photos.
    Ah in that case I understand. I got the HTC Hero with the 5 megapixs camera but the camera is so bad that I dont use it often.
    Annoying because I'm into photography I find myself without a camera and the phone is no good.
    What type of DSLR you got? I use a Pentax K20D, fantastic camera.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeglover View Post
    Ah in that case I understand. I got the HTC Hero with the 5 megapixs camera but the camera is so bad that I dont use it often.
    Annoying because I'm into photography I find myself without a camera and the phone is no good.
    What type of DSLR you got? I use a Pentax K20D, fantastic camera.
    I use a Cannon 50D which I find quite good at what it does. It is very hard to get a truly good photo with a phone cammera, you get the general image but from a lense size prospective it is like using an early 1800s pin-hole cammera and it usually shows in the end results

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12