+ Post New Thread
Other Stuff Thread, Please vote for disabled & SN group to get Lottery money in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post

Talking Please vote for disabled & SN group to get Lottery money

Hi Folks,

I think this is my first post here, been a member for a while, and a lurker a bit longer!

I've come to ask you ALL to vote for a disabled and special needs ice hockey team to be in with a chance of winning £2k from the National Lottery.

In short the link is here
    I need you to vote for the Werewolves of London. We're almost at the bottom of the list, click read more, then vote now

Alternatively you can call 0845 3865178 to register your vote. Every vote counts so please help us to get as many as we can!

Thanks in advance.

My involvement in the team started because two of my children are disabled. As a result, they have limitations on what they can participate in, this is not only because of their physical capabilities, but also the lack of facilities for children with disabilities.

About 6 or 7 years ago, I found an advert for the Werewolves of London Special Hockey programme. My eldest son joined and has never looked back. He has gained so much from the project, not only learning to skate, but I believe the core strength and muscle control that he built by skating and playing ice hockey has lead him to be able to do more things such as swimming and riding a bike. My daughter also joined about 3 years ago, and despite her dyspraxia, she was invited to join the under 10 mainstream team earlier in the year!

For many of our players, this is their only form of exercise. Aside from that; there are so many positives, these players develop their social skills, they have real fun and are proud of their achievements, and we have regular award ceremonies and celebrate their achievements. The players also learn a new interesting skill, after all how many of you can play ice hockey?? This gives them confidence as it is something that they can do, and something different to be able to talk to an able bodied person about, and not feel that they are ‘second best’. In 2007 the club went ‘full circle’ when my son qualified as a level 1 ice hockey coach, and now coaches the players on the ice – how cool is that?

P

p.s. If you know of a person (any age) who you think would benefit from the project PLEASE feel free to contact me. – Alternatively see the club website: Werewolves of London

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just voted for you, nice quick single click on the vote button on the end of this page.

Thank Post
    A pleasure.

I liived in Canada for three years and ended up playing myself. Hard enough when you have everything going for you. Good luck.

http://www.calgaryhighlanders.com/or...ey/batus05.htm

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Just voted for you, nice quick single click on the vote button on the end of this page.
    Thanks.
    Sometimes that link doesn't work, that's why I give people the long way round!

I guess the link isn't working because so many people are voting *fingers crossed*

P

Thank Post
    Just placed my vote.
    Seems like a very worthy cause.
    Good luck!

Thank Post
    just voted hope you get the money

Thank Post
    Just voted. Good luck!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    A pleasure.

I liived in Canada for three years and ended up playing myself. Hard enough when you have everything going for you. Good luck.

http://www.calgaryhighlanders.com/or...ey/batus05.htm
    Looks like you had some fun!

Any chance you still have contacts you could send this too?

I can't skate, no I can't stand up let alone skate! So anyone that can I'm impressed by

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread