+ Post New Thread
Other Stuff Thread, Other half told me off for this in Fun Stuff; Last night, the Mrs I went out with a friend to go to the cinema, and before we went, we ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries

Other half told me off for this

Last night, the Mrs I went out with a friend to go to the cinema, and before we went, we stopped off in subway. There was a lady behind the counter who was talking on the phone, and we waited for around 5 minutes before politely saying we were waiting to be served (we were the only 3 in there). She said "Don't you see I am on the phone, its rude to interrupt." At this point, my blood was boiling but I remembered a greentext story where a guy made a subway which was so wet it fell apart. I decided to do the same.

My mrs and friend went through the motions for their subways when we finally got served (15 mins after getting in there), and I decided it was time for a little payback for the rudeness.

Here was my order (bare in mind, I normally have a salad bowl)

Flatbread - so flimsy it can't hold any liquid.
    Meatball Marinara, with double sauce.

At this point I asked for it to be microwaved instead of toasted, so that the flatbread steamed a little, as well as making it very floppy from the nicely heated marinara sauce.

Salad, ahh how I love salads...I ordered the wettest ingredients I could see, so this was Tomatoes, Olives, Pepper, Sweetcorn and Lettuce.

Sauces - This is where I went a bit overboard - I got the colours I figured would dye her clothes (specifically the white jeans she was wearing) the nicest colour. I got Barbecue, Southwest chipotle, Sweet onion sauce and teriyaki sauce. I topped it off with a triple helping of chili oil.

When she came to close the sandwich, it literally fell apart, and exploded which covered her nice white jeans in a lovely dye of orange, brown, yellow and red. I finished up by saying I didn't want the sandwich to be remade and would prefer a salad bowl.

Now, whilst my friend was bursting with laughter, my mrs told me off.

Just thought I'd share.

Thank Post
    Revenge is a dish best served .... soggy. It doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but whatever works for you!

Another annoyance is when you are being served or attended to and the phone rings and you get the, "oh, excuse me while I get this". Why? Why does someone on the phone take priority over someone standing right in front of you who you are in the middle of dealing with. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank Post
    I can't say that I'd have done any differently. I would reccomend being less subtle though so they know why you're doing something. Attendants (from anywhere, not just restaraunts) like this don't seem to understand why people get irked by being ignored so that the attendant can carry on with their social chat.

Thank Post
    That's very clever! why would anyone tell you off for doing this. Best way to get revenge without actually resorting to any physical contact

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post

Another annoyance is when you are being served or attended to and the phone rings and you get the, "oh, excuse me while I get this". Why? Why does someone on the phone take priority over someone standing right in front of you who you are in the middle of dealing with. It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Oh that really gets on my nerves. I mean, you've made the effort to go to the shop, in the middle of a transaction or getting advice, and the assistant seems to think that answering a call made by someone who couldn't be bothered to visit is more important than you. A ringing phone is loud and an interruption, but it's not more important the a customer with money in your shop. Somehow, we've been conditioned to regard a ringing phone as something that must be answered in preference to dealing with people in front of us. Weird.

You could of course phone the business whilst you're actually in the shop and conduct the transaction over the phone. At least the phone won't interrupt you.
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 30th July 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Back to the subway saga, neph should have made a five minute call before paying for the sandwich.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnixx View Post
    Back to the subway saga, neph should have made a five minute call before paying for the sandwich.
    Ha! I Like!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I should have done that but thought I exacted enough revenge

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    If she was behind the counter then she is there to work and not take / make personal calls so needs to get off her mobile and serve customers

Back to the above - Im loving it !!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Im loving it !!
    He's talking about Subway, not Mcdonalds you dofus!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMat View Post
    He's talking about Subway, not Mcdonalds you dofus!
    I know , I was saying Im loving it ( as in what he did etc ) , I never mentioned the theme tune to McDonalds

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    When she came to close the sandwich, it literally fell apart, and exploded which covered her nice white jeans in a lovely dye of orange, brown, yellow and red. I finished up by saying I didn't want the sandwich to be remade and would prefer a salad bowl.
    Now that's what you call fast food, should have shouted at her "Think fast and catch!! "

Think Subways slogan etc is something along the lines of eat fresh, maybe if she was fast enough, badum tish
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 30th July 2014 at 05:04 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm....not sure about that...was happy as it was. Lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread