+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Other Stuff Thread, Any drummers? in Fun Stuff; I spotted a guitar thread on here, and I totally stole the idea! Do we have any drummers on Edugeek? ...
  1. #1
    TomDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    68
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Any drummers?

    I spotted a guitar thread on here, and I totally stole the idea!
    Do we have any drummers on Edugeek?

    How long have you been playing?
    What have you got, gear wise?
    Favourite drummers?
    Your style?

    I'll start
    I've been playing for 11 of my 19 years.
    I've a Mapex Meridian Birch kit, 8x6, 10x7, 12x8, 13x9 as a floor tom on the left, 14x12, 16x14, 2x 22x20 and a Sonor Ascent 14x6.5 snare.
    Meinl Byzance cymbals

    My favourite drummers would be Virgil Donati, Marco Minnemann, Derek Roddy, Peter Wildoer, Benny Greb and Jojo Mayer.

    I play a mix of everything really, but I love extreme metal

  2. #2
    TomDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    68
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    2
    None? All alone, am I? :')

  3. #3
    Gibson335's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    924
    Thank Post
    257
    Thanked 131 Times in 104 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDrummer View Post
    None? All alone, am I? :')
    Yes, most IT folk are just too frail to play the drums ;-)

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    314
    Thank Post
    140
    Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    I played when I was in school - for about 4/5 years - drum kit and in the school orchestra I did other percussion such as timpani, xylophone etc.

    I loved it - keep thinking about starting again - would have to buy an electronic kit though - my neighbours would hate me if I got a proper kit!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    452
    Thank Post
    147
    Thanked 66 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    43
    Not played drums for over 4 years now, but this was my kit before I sold it:

    drum.jpg

    Mapex Saturn Pro Kit
    Meinl Raker Cymbals
    1960's Ludwig Acrolite Snare.

    Also had a Yamaha dtxpress iii special electric kit for practice\small venues.

  6. #6
    TomDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    68
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalee View Post
    I played when I was in school - for about 4/5 years - drum kit and in the school orchestra I did other percussion such as timpani, xylophone etc.

    I loved it - keep thinking about starting again - would have to buy an electronic kit though - my neighbours would hate me if I got a proper kit!
    Do it, man! E-kits are loads of fun

  7. #7
    TomDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    68
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TronXP View Post
    Not played drums for over 4 years now, but this was my kit before I sold it:

    drum.jpg

    Mapex Saturn Pro Kit
    Meinl Raker Cymbals
    1960's Ludwig Acrolite Snare.

    Also had a Yamaha dtxpress iii special electric kit for practice\small venues.
    Saturn's are lovely kits.
    Nice Luddy, too

  8. #8
    mjs_mjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    bexleyheath, london
    Posts
    1,018
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 111 Times in 95 Posts
    Rep Power
    37
    How long have you been playing?

    ~10 years

    What have you got, gear wise?

    i have two kits, arbiter flats and a generic 5 peice fusion kit.

    Favourite drummers?

    i don't have any, but i like philip glass' compositions.

    Your style?

    Funk, or anything that takes my fancy - I've played in various bands including a DnB outfit.

  9. #9
    TomDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    68
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    How long have you been playing?

    ~10 years

    What have you got, gear wise?

    i have two kits, arbiter flats and a generic 5 peice fusion kit.

    Favourite drummers?

    i don't have any, but i like philip glass' compositions.

    Your style?

    Funk, or anything that takes my fancy - I've played in various bands including a DnB outfit.
    Ah, cool! I've never heard of Phillip Glass... to YouTube!

  10. #10
    mjs_mjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    bexleyheath, london
    Posts
    1,018
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 111 Times in 95 Posts
    Rep Power
    37
    Try Jean Michel Jarre too if you want to

  11. #11
    TomDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    68
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    2
    I will Thanks.

  12. #12
    detjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    355
    Thank Post
    13
    Thanked 47 Times in 39 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    Been 'messing about' on drums for about 3 years. I have a Roland digital set and I just plug mp3's into it and play along.
    Got some Queen tracks with the drums removed (somewhere!) which I used to have immense fun on. I WAS Roger Taylor in that moment!
    Rigged it up to Rockband too, that was fun

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone Attend any of the big Lan Events?
    By ChrisH in forum Gaming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17th October 2011, 05:18 PM
  2. Any experience of ICM?
    By Benjamin in forum Recommended Suppliers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd January 2006, 11:17 PM
  3. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 29th November 2005, 08:00 PM
  4. Any views on Fujitsu laptops?
    By ChrisH in forum Hardware
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 6th September 2005, 07:26 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20th July 2005, 01:47 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •