+ Post New Thread
Other Stuff Thread, Children Of Hurin - Special Edition - Signed in Fun Stuff; Hey there guys, I hope you don't if I give you a quick heads up on the new limited edition ...

Thank Post

Children Of Hurin - Special Edition - Signed

Hey there guys, I hope you don't if I give you a quick heads up on the new limited edition of The Children Of Hurin.

If this offends anyone as spam, I apologise. But I feel this is totally appropriate to these forums...and may well be something you'd like to buy....

As a group of (hopefully) cultured professionals you may be aware of the recent publishing of Children Of Hurin, Tolkien’s
    final masterpiece, which was of course completed by his son Christopher.

What you may not know is that Harper Collins are releasing a very special edition. We’re looking for ways to reach out to grass roots literature fans and we feel one of the best way to do this is through the various forums and communities online. We want to extend this offer initially to real fans who would appreciate the collectability of this very special book..

Here’s a bit of info about the special edition, and how it differs from the edition already in circulation.

• Painstakingly restored from Tolkien’s various manuscripts by his son, Christopher, and illustrated by Alan Lee
    • Each copy signed and numbered by Christopher Tolkien & Alan Lee
    • Strictly limited to just 500 hand-numbered copies
    • Unique illustrations and two-colour fold-out map
    • Leather-bound and hand-sewn
    • Custom leather clamshell case

We have set up a sale page for the book here store.tolkien.co.uk/

Originally, this book was only available for purchase in the U.K. But due to massive interest from international customers, Harper-Collins is now happy to take orders from around the world.
    If you want to get your hands on a copy, you can email them at info@store.tolkien.co.uk . If you can supply them the quantity of the products you want, your delivery address and, if you would prefer them to take your order by phone, a contact telephone number, one of their customer services representatives will contact you asap within UK working hours to take your order.

Unfortunately, due to the matter of publishing rights, the book cannot be delivered to the U.S. Having said this, some American customers are buying the book, and having it sent to a UK address for either collection or to be sent on.

I hope some of you guys take up the offer to own something very special indeed, the book is already selling fast!

Regards
    Rachael
    Buzz Assistant
    Hyperlaunch
    (acting on behalf of Harper Collins)

Thank Post

Re: Children Of Hurin - Special Edition - Signed

however you try to dress up spam.... it's always going to be spam.

Can a mod delete this please!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow ... J.R.R signed some of these books? THey must be worth a bit!

Thank Post

It's not J.R.R, but his youngest son Christopher. Christopher edited many of his father's manuscripts together to create the Children Of Hurin. He's also the original creator of the maps that appeared in his father's novels.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am fully aware of who Christopher is, it was an attempt at humour.

Having been an avid reader of Christopher's work around the collected scribblings (and in some cases they truly were scribblings) of his father I have to say the CoH is not bad, but is better reading when you look at the associated notes in Unfinished Tales and Book of Lost Tales Pts 1 & 2

The comment by another staff member pointing out that this was spam was also a very unsubtle hint that yo have come onto an online community purely for the purpose of selling this book.

Are people at Harper Collins fully aware of this? It gives them a very bad press. Bring back the good old days of Mssrs George Allen and Unwin.

Please PM me with you direct contact details.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread