Link: Big Mess o' Wires » BMOW 1
BMOW picture:Big Mess o’ Wires 1 is an original CPU design. It does not use any commercial CPU, but instead has a custom CPU constructed from dozens of simple logic chips. Around this foundation is built a full computer with support for a keyboard, sound, video, and external peripherals...
Original project goals:
- Build the CPU from scratch, primarily using basic 7400-series logic. No 6502, Z-80, etc.
- Keep the hardware complexity to a minimum. I’m not an electrical engineer.
- Be capable of running “real” programs, not a 4-bit CPU or toy machine.
- Provide a way to interface with a PC.
- Be fast enough to run interesting programs interactively.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)