Outlook cannot send email
Will send some homebaked cookies to anyone who helps resolve this as it's very frustrating!
I voluntarily support a smal primary school remotely, approx 20 PC's. On 2 of them 1 laptop, 1 desktop no-one can send any emails from MS Outlook 2003. info:
1. All users set up with roaming profiles & POP3 external mailboxes
2. All users can send on other machines
3. Admin / local user makes no difference
4. All other connectivity & settings identical to other machines as far as Outlook & email.
5. Error message received is: 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted.
6. Sonicwall filtering in use
7. AVG Network Edition in use (incoming mail scan only, although outgoing also working on all other machines)
8. XP in all cases
9. SMTP requires authentication
Things I have tried so far:
1. removing AVG
2. bypassing sonicwall
3. checking all outlook & email settings
4. recreating a user profile
5. setting server timeout to max (10mins)
6. checking for old install of Norton (none)
Google has failed me so far and other instances of the issue seem to usually relate to Norton scanning of outgoing mail, incorrect server settings & filtering.
Any ideas would be most appreciated, in 2 weeks I'll be doing a site visit and will format & start from scratch if I've not resolved it yet ... but I hate being beaten by a machine ... so as I said before ... homebaked cookies in a box, 1st Class to anyone who can help me fix it remotely.
ps: cookie will NOT be baked by me as I wouldn't wish that on anyone, rather my talented Fiancee :)