Windows SharePoint Services Support
I have the following error when trying to edit a document on a remote sharepint server:
The following article tells me I need to install Windows SharePoint Services.
"'Edit Document' requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application"
Error message when you try to edit an Office document in a document library: "'Edit Document' requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application"
But I get to step 6 and find that there is no option for "Windows SharePoint Services Support" - it just isn;t listed.
If Office 2003 is installed on the computer, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the list of currently installed programs, click Microsoft Office 2003, and then click Change.
4. Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
5. Click to select the Choose advanced customization of application check box, and then click Next.
6. In the Choose update options for applications and tools box, expand Office Tools, click the down arrow next to Windows SharePoint Services Support, and then click Run from My Computer.
7. Click Update.
Where do I get this component from?