Online Templates -
We are having a strange problem with the online templates. On my install they worked perfectly for all applications. For staff just word worked and for students nothing. We assumed it was internet filtering, but now I think this isn't the case. Since logging on to another computer with my account, now none work at all, and word still works for staff?
Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Error we get in office:
'sorry we had trouble getting the featured templates'
The logs in smoothwall suggest everything is fine.?
Just done some more testing. Ive switched users and Word templates work for one member of staff but not for another, so I would guess this rules out filtering?
Different Office applications appear to cache the templates at these folders:
c$\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\1 5.0\WebServiceCache\AllUsers\officeimg.vo.msecnd.n et
c$\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\1 5.0\WebServiceCache\AllUsers\office15client.micros oft.com
We currently have the below whitelisted and do not require auth:
Did you get this to work?
Basically what I'm finding is that you only see web templates if you sign in either with a Microsoft Account or Office 365 account. Local accounts simply display the error message until you click Work Offline, at which point you get the local templates but obviously no web templates.
Yes were all sorted here, they were blocked on our local smoothwall install and the upstream proxy.
See email from smoothwall below. Hope it helps you!
As discussed , please ask XXXXX to whitelist the following URLs on the council proxy that you use as the upstream.
This should then allow you to use the Office 2013 templates
Thanks - none of these were blocked but I had to add office.microsoft.com to our noauth list (odc.officeapps.live.com was already there due to an earlier issue). I didn't have to add the other two to noauth, just make sure they weren't blocked.
This is despite us having working Kerberos auth specifically to please Office 2013, and despite an earlier Wireshark trace when it was failing not showing any attempt to load from office.microsoft.com... very strange.
Just to update this thread as we had this issue today while trialling a UTM 3000, we had added the sites listed in burgomaster's post in the no auth policy but we were still getting the templates blocked.
It turned out that office.microsoft.com was being picked up by the software updates allow policy that was near to the top of our policy list but it wasn't being blocked, we changed the updates from allow to whitelist as a test and the templates worked so we changed it back and created whitelist for this address and put it right at the top of the policy list above software updates and it fixed the issue, we have also removed the four addresses from the no auth policy and it still allows access.
So in summary we just whitelisted office.Microsoft.com to everyone, everywhere and put it at the top of the policy list
Hope that helps anyone looking into this in the future.