+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Outlook 2010 send immedietely group policy exists? in Technical; We have Office 2010 deployed and can see it's GPs in Group Policy Management. On the user's machine, we are ...

Thank Post

Outlook 2010 send immedietely group policy exists?

We have Office 2010 deployed and can see it's GPs in Group Policy Management. On the user's machine, we are currently having to go to Outlook 2010 > Send/Receive tab > Define Send / Receieve groups... and then tick the boxes to make it send mail every minute, and then we also click Edit... and tick the first box that says to Include this account in the send/rec group. Now the user's outgoing mail will send automatically.

But I can't find a GP for any of these settings. I've got all the Outlook 2010 GPs there but not for this partiticular auto-send setting. Is there one? It's crazy having to go around to do this on each machine.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From Configure Exchange Server send/receive settings in Outlook 2010
    As part of a Microsoft Outlook 2010 deployment, you can define Send/Receive groups for users' Microsoft Exchange Server accounts and folders and specify tasks that are performed on each group during a Send/Receive operation in Outlook 2010.You configure these settings by using the Office Customization Tool (OCT). You cannot configure the settings by using the Group Policy feature

Thank Post
    Thanks for confirming, that's horrible. Really would like the software to send immedietely. Currently we get messages stuck in Outboxes and users call asking why they didn't send. They either have to manually send messages or we have to do the setting. Our Outlook 2007 GP had a policy. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You could create a patch to send out that alters this setting?

Thank Post
    Patch sounds good. When I try to run the OCT it shows the attached screen. We didn't originally use the OCT to configure and deploy office, it was installed as normal and made as part of the OS image. Is there any way to use the OCT to modify the current installation and then make a patch?

Capture.JPG

Thank Post
    Think I just figured it out, lets see how this goes...

Thank Post
    OK just given the OCT a shot and made a patch file but what happens is it creates a new Exchange profile for the domain user who logs in, as well as the one that is automatically made for the domain user when they first launch Outlook. Neither however have the defined send/rec settings I specified.

In the OCT I chose the following options:
    Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    Capture3.JPG

I then reinstalled Office with the above generate MSP file. Logged in as a domain user, and they now have two accounts in Outlook, one is automatically made as normal from Exchange, and one is the %username% one above. I don't really want the latter one created but the OCT needs me to specify one in order for the send/rec groups options to display.
    Last edited by nLinked; 18th June 2012 at 03:23 PM.

Thank Post
    Think I just figured it out again, found an option called Send immedietely when connected in the OCT tool. Made patch, testing.

EDIT: I ended up not trying the above. Instead we found a GP in Outlook > Mail setup > and in there is an option to send immedietely. Works great so far.
    Last edited by nLinked; 19th June 2012 at 10:44 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread