+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Outlook 2010 colour categories in Technical; Hello, We are having a problem with Outlook 2010 when sharing calendars. The user that sends out the calendar to ...
    Thank Post

Outlook 2010 colour categories

Hello,

We are having a problem with Outlook 2010 when sharing calendars. The user that sends out the calendar to share has created colour categories and has the events/appointments on the calendar organised into different colours depending on the category. However, these colours are only appearing on the shared calendar for some users and not others. I have checked the calendar permissions and they all match. I have tried one suggestion to re-create the colour categories on recipient users profile but this did not bring the colours through.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thank Post
    We had the same problem and found a nifty little freeware program to get round it - CodeTwo CatMan:
    (1) OUTLOOK - Share Category List, Network Category Manager, Shared Categories in Outlook

You'll have to install it on each machine that needs to see the category colours.
    Then, on the machine with the categories you run the addon and it basically exports the categories to a file, which you should save on to a network share somewhere they can all get to it.

Then on each of the other machines, you start it up and import the categories from that file.

Hope I've explained it OK, but if not let me know and I can go into more detail

3. Thanks to Valyyn from:

lafleur1977 (13th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks for your post Valyyn. I have tried the software you suggested and it looks great but when I import the categories they are only visable in the inboxand not the calendar section. Any ideas on were I have gone wrong?

Thank Post
    Hmmm, I'm not sure in all honesty.

One thing that does spring to mind - when you imported the categories, did you import them in addition to the existing categories? I've a feeling that I deleted the existing ones and then moved the new ones in.

I can't check at the mo because the computers I put it on are being used. If that doesn't sort it, post back and I'll get down there

Thank Post
    I installed the software on the PC that the user who shares the calendar uses. This user has setup the custom colour categories so I imported these into the new text file and saved that into a network share. Then on the recipient users outlook I pointed to the text file. I have noticed since that the colour categories are available on the recipient users calendar but not when accessing the shared calendar...

Thanks
    Last edited by lafleur1977; 23rd March 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Thank Post
    It seems to be working now. I edited the permissions of the exported file to full control earlier and tried again and its now working. Seems to take a bit of time to come through but all look good now. Thanks for your help with this

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread