+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Setting print properties for all selected tabs in Technical; We have an office with several staff who regulary print multiple tabbed workbooks. Usually, the default print settings that are ...

Thank Post

Setting print properties for all selected tabs

We have an office with several staff who regulary print multiple tabbed workbooks. Usually, the default print settings that are in place are fine for what is needed, but there appears to be a problem when they want to change the printer properties for a large job.

An example is one document has 30 tabs, 28 of which are needed on paper. Highlighting the 28 tabs then clicking print brings up the default print options as it should. If any of these options are changed, they only change for that current tab that is in view. So if I was to scroll down the pages until I reach the next tab, the print settings would revert back to default.

I'm hoping this is the reason why when the staff go to print these spreadsheets, they set the print settings as they usually would and it starts to print out fine. All of a sudden the document will start using the default print settings. I've noticed that when they go to print the document I'm currently looking at, although its 1 document, the print job on the photocopier shows up as 4-5 seperate jobs varrying in sheets being used. At first I thought this was due to the size of the documents, but this spreadsheet is 200kb.

Thank Post
    Further inspection, it doesn't appear to be due to large file size as the spreadsheet is 200kb. I've tried with an extremely basic spreadsheet too (putting 1 number on each sheet with 3 sheets in total), and even that applies the default printer settings on each tab.

Another attempt to solve this, I added a local printer to see if it's due to printing to a network printer thats causing the problem ... and it doesn't make a difference

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread