+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Redirected email - highlighting? in Technical; We have recently created a new position fo "Head of Pre Prep" and and email account preprephead@... to go along ...

Thank Post

Redirected email - highlighting?

We have recently created a new position fo "Head of Pre Prep" and and email account preprephead@... to go along with it. This account has to be redirected to both the Head and the Pre Prep secretary. No problems there - account created, mailbox set up, Outlook rule configured to redirect all incoming mail to both staff.

However, I need a way of highlighting these emails in the recipient's inbox (so that they stand apart from "normal" emails). I was hoping I could use Automatic Formatting in Outlook, but this won't work as there's no way of distinguishing if Mrs Jones sent it directly to the staff concerned, rather than to the preprephead account. I also tried adding something into the Outlook rule, but you can't mix server-side (redirection) and client-side (categories, importance etc.) rules.

Is there a straightforward way of doing this? I know Office XP is hideously out of date now (we are, slowly, rolling out 2010) but I hope that it's possible.

Thank Post
    Figured it out in the end. I set up an automatic formatting rule on each of the recipients, using the Advanced section there is an Autoforwarded flag under "frequently used fields". Just hoping neither of them has another autoforward set up...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread