+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Office 2010 Spelling and Grammer Checker NOT installed in Technical; Over the holidays we did 2 installs of Office via GPO using MS guidelines. The Staff rollout included Outlook and ...

Thank Post

Office 2010 Spelling and Grammer Checker NOT installed

Over the holidays we did 2 installs of Office via GPO using MS guidelines. The Staff rollout included Outlook and the Student Rollout didnt. Both MSP files were exactly the same except for "do not install Outlook". Now we find that the Students do not have English Proofing Tools fully installed which means they dont have Spell Check enabled.
    Googling this I find that this was a problem with Office 2007 and doesnt seem to be fixed yet where if you do not deploy outlook then th proofing tools dont get deployed either.

How do I now install the Proofing Tools to allow the kids to use Spell Checker?
    I know I can amend the MSP file using the OCT but how will this run? The MS Script that you put in the GPO checks to see if Office2010 is installed and if so the script ends before checking the MSP file so how will it know if it has been amended?

Hope this makes sense. I need to get the Spell Checker installed and working ASAP.

Any help appreciated.

Thank Post
    I am afraid I don't have a quick solution to the problem, but I do have a technician who is a little happier because of your problem. The technician was convinced that he had not set the proofing tools to not installed, yet that is what happened. He was doubting his sanity a little until today.

As to our fix we did not spend a lot of time on this, our solution was to fix it in the image and then re-imaged the classroom. For the odd not quite standard machine we uninstalled office and then let the fixed GPO reinstall it. The technician tells me that a repair fix the problem despite putting the msp file right. All I really need to do now is investigate a method of scripting the uninstall of Office 2010 so that I can make the process a little less technician intensive.

Thank Post
    We managed to sort it out.
    We created a new msp file using the OCT. Imported our existing msp file and amended it to include proofing tools and then saved it to a shared network location NOT the office network installation location UPDATES folder. We then used PSExec along with a csv file of all the machines and executed

msiexec /p <path to msp file> /qn

This executed the msp file in quiet mode and once finished the proofing tools were installed.

The msp instructions are from here : Change users' configurations after installing Office 2010

but we came up with the psexec method as the quickest way to deploy.

Hope that helps someone.

If anyone knows of an easier way please let us know.

Thank Post
    I found a similar mistake when I set up the msp - the proofing tools were not enabled by default and I ended up rolling out Office 2010 without spellcheck. That was a fail. So, I seperately rolled out the Proofing Tools standalone msi to the effected machines, and altered my base msp.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread