+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Office Software Thread, Excel Formula Copy Problem in Technical; Right click and copy and paste it into the formula bar then press ALT & Enter....

Thank Post
    Right click and copy and paste it into the formula bar then press ALT & Enter.

Thank Post
    I've seen this happen randomly to quite a few users using Office 2007

bpd

Thank Post
    I'm glad to hear it's not just me. Is there a known fix for this?

Thank Post
    I am having the same issue. When I try to use cntr-c or any copy function, what is coped is only coied as the visual text or values. If I reboot, the spreadsheet is fine for some perior of time, but after another 20-30 minutes at work, the copy funtion stops working. Quite frustration with no apparent trigger.

Thank Post

I think I found the solution!

Quote Originally Posted by givings View Post
    I am having the same issue. When I try to use cntr-c or any copy function, what is coped is only coied as the visual text or values. If I reboot, the spreadsheet is fine for some perior of time, but after another 20-30 minutes at work, the copy funtion stops working. Quite frustration with no apparent trigger.
    I only just started having this EXACT same issue. Our IT couldn't even figure it out, and then by accident I think I found out the cause.
    Apparently it seems like Google Chrome is conflicting with Microsoft Excel 2003. It's only recent too; but if I have Google Chrome running it won't copy and past formulas and won't even allow me to right click a cell and choose the way I want to paste, normally.
    BUT as soon as I shut down Chrome - BAM! It works normally again. So if you're also running chrome it may be the cause of your problems too. If not, I would try running XL with no other programs running and then see what happens. If it works I would then start running adiditonal programs you usually have running in the background to find out what triggers your issue.

Good luck!

ETA: I was just going to post the issue on the Google message board and did a quick search for "Excel" and found a bunch of peiople having the same issue. A Google tech replied and said that yif you have Skype "Click to call" installed it's what's causing the issue, so you need to uninstall it and then everything goes back to normal and you can run Chrome and Excel at the same time.
    Last edited by Stazi; 28th March 2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Additional info

Thank Post
    I faced the same situation and I solved unistalling the Skype Click to Call! It is weird, but works!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Does it have all the service packs, their up to three now, perhaps it was a bug Download details: Office 2000 Update: Service Pack 3 (SP3)
    Technically Office 2000 is unsupported now, although it was a pain in the rear to patch. You needed Service Release 1 or 1a then Service Pack 3 was possible.

Thankfully Microsoft have simplified patching with Office 2007 and Office 2010 where you literally drag/drop files into the Updates folder.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Technically Office 2000 is unsupported now, although it was a pain in the rear to patch. You needed Service Release 1 or 1a then Service Pack 3 was possible.

Thankfully Microsoft have simplified patching with Office 2007 and Office 2010 where you literally drag/drop files into the Updates folder.
    Wow, this is an old one and so is Office 2000.

I liked the old patching method much better, you could slipstream them so you only installed it once with all the patches. The new method is insane and retarded, you install it then it systematicly spends the next two hours installing over that install with all the updates in the folder one at a time. It is stupid and a step backwards efficiency wise. That is why Office is now pushed out in our base image with all the updates already installed like any other silly unpatchable downlevel bit of cruft would be.

Other than that I find the newer versions of Office really good but the update situation irritates me hugely, just like the Windows Vista onwards lack of slipstreaming, you just have to download the SP integrated versions from MVLS if they eventually release them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    You could argue the footprint of Office 2007 and Office 2010 is bigger than Office 2000/2003 anyway, so it will always take longer.

Like yourself, I include all applications on a master image and there's only been approx. 20 hotfixes post Office 2010 SP1.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sqdge View Post
    One of the teachers at my school is having a problem with Excel that has flumoxed me and everyone else who has attempted to help.

She has put in a very simple formula (=A1+B1) which calculates fine. However when she then copies the formula down the column, the formula changes with it ok (e.g. =A2+B2, =A3+B3, =A4+B4 etc.) but it merely copies the answer from the first cell instead of running the formula.

I'm sure this is really easy to solve, which is where you lot come in....!
    Easy fix... Close all web browsers, then rerun excel and it will work. The issue is with a skype browser add-in. I had the same problem this morning. Disabling the add-in in browsers will also allow excel to work.

Thank Post

Issue with Copy and Paste Formula displaying correct formula but answer to copied cel

Go to Calculation Options
    Change to Automatic.

Sometimes this changes to manual, which presents the error expeirenced. Sometimes it defaults. It's annoying.

Done...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limbo View Post
    If she presses f9 does it then display correctly?

If so then she has switched of automatic calculation - look in tools > options > calculation tab > tick the automatic option
    In the Mac version of Excel (14.x.x) you will find the calculation tab under Preferences. There you can turn on the automatic option and it will fix the problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12