+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Word freezing offline in Technical; Hi Hoping this is the right place to post. I work as am IT technician supporting primary schools and one ...
    Thank Post

Word freezing offline

Hi
    Hoping this is the right place to post.

I work as am IT technician supporting primary schools and one of the schools I work for has a problem with word 2003 ever since SOPHOS was updated when the staff take their laptops home word freezes completely and the only way to get the laptop up and running is to completely switch it off and then on again. It only tends to happen when saving or copying and pasting from other areas.
    They also have problems when synching the laptop when back on the network it won't sync any jpg files and instead of syching to their home drive it will sync to their staff drive even though all the settings are correct.

I have found one solution under SOPHOS to turn off the on-write under on accessing. That seems to have worked for some people but not others.

Any advice would be great
    Thanks

Thank Post

Found solution

After some extra research have found the answer.

The settings in the SOPHOS console have to be changed rather than just on individual machines.
    Open SOPHOS enterprise console - in the bottom left hand side is a box called policies - extend Anti-virus and HIPS - double click the policies you want to change and click configure under on-access scanning - untick write and make sure read is ticked click ok on both boxes - then under the groups box (above the policies box) right click each group - click view/edit group policy details - check that the groups are running the policies you changed - SOPHOS will automatically push out the changes.
    Hope that all makes sense

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread