+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, images and text boesx rather than header and footer in Technical; Having just spent some quality time with our front office staff I have found out that this is how they ...

Thank Post

images and text boesx rather than header and footer

Having just spent some quality time with our front office staff I have found out that this is how they create their standard letter.

Apparently the cost of headed paper was too much so 'someone' cam up with this solution to print on new economical colour laser printers (as if they exist!)?

Anyone else come across this? We are having serious problems with the way it interacts with SIMS.

***yes I do know how to spell boxes - brain not in gear!!***
    Last edited by s1mon321; 23rd March 2011 at 08:53 AM.

Thank Post
    When I started here the annual reports for pupils were typed up (and saved) as 4 separate documents per pupil...then they were printed on A4 and given to the librarian who photocopied 4 pages onto an A3 sheet to make an A4 booklet...it took ages and there were obvious problems with ensuring that the sets of 4 per pupil were not mixed up...

Now they have a Word document per pupil which is a protected form so all that has to be done is to fill in the blanks...and teachers still complain that it is more complicated than the old system.

Oh and I print the A4 documents to our photocopier as an A5 booklet saving ink and paper and all the expected complaints from parents about how small the new reports are never materialised...

Now if I could just get them to stop printing an entire web page every time they want a single image from it...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread