+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Fonts crashing Word/PowerPoint/Publisher in Technical; We've been having an annoying problem with Office since we upgraded to 2010/Win7. When kids try and print work occasionally ...
    Thank Post

Fonts crashing Word/PowerPoint/Publisher

We've been having an annoying problem with Office since we upgraded to 2010/Win7.

When kids try and print work occasionally Office will crash, it happens in Word, Powerpoint and Publisher and I have narrowed it down to a problem with Fonts.

As soon as you press print Office will come up and say Word/Publisher etc has stopped working, the document never gets as far as the print server (2008r2 with latest drivers for all printers).
    This happens on various machines (Dell/Stone/AcerNetbooks) and with various different printers (mostly Utax 3035/3416, Kyocera c5020ns and other odd ones).

So far I have narrowed it down to the Adobe fonts installed with the CS3 package we have.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get these fonts to print? At the moment we're just telling students to change their fonts to something 'normal' but as you know students have a tendency to use a gazillion fonts in publisher docs so it gets very annoying!

I've tried installing the basic CS3 package to the server and even copying the fonts folder from an offending PC. I've updated all the drivers and am now at a loss.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    As a workaround, try saving the file as a PDF and printing the PDF. It's not a real solution, but it may alleviate frustration for users until you find a better one.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread