+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Powerpoint displays differnetly on two PC's in Technical; Not seen this before but I've got a powerpoint presentation that opens differently on two PC's and I'm not sure ...

Thank Post

Powerpoint displays differnetly on two PC's

Not seen this before but I've got a powerpoint presentation that opens differently on two PC's and I'm not sure how to get round it. Both are Office 2007 and XP. I think (and I've not checked) that both are running in 1027x768 resolution but are different PC's.

The slides that I am looking at are a simple text box with some text in. In certain places are a number of underscores to leave a blank space where a word should be. There are then text boxes with word's inin the spaces that animate to appear in the space as the teacher teachers. The problem is that the main text box displays differently on the PC's, there are fractionall less words on each line and so the spaces are differnet places. This means the teacher can't make changes in his office then go and teach.

What would cause this? The font is the same on both PC's as I've deleted them and reinstalled them from the same source. Something to do with having differnet printers maybe? Any idea's as I'm stuck.

Thank Post
    Interesting one... just to confirm, what font is it and are you really sure it is installed on both PCs?

Thank Post
    Garamond.
    Yep. I deleted the font files of one of the PC's and then re-installed them from the other.

Thank Post
    I would have thought that different resolutions would cause this...can't think of any other logical cause...

[EDIT] Although I thought PowerPoint was supposed to display the same whatever resolution. Is one using Cleartype but not the other? [/EDIT]
    Last edited by CESIL; 9th October 2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: had another thought

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread