+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, How to Disable Outlook Conversation View in Technical; After trying to disable this for the last week i have finally found out why i have been unable to ...

Thank Post

Thumbs up How to Disable Outlook Conversation View

After trying to disable this for the last week i have finally found out why i have been unable to do so.

If you want to disable conversation view you must use this setting in Group Policy.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Outlook 2010\Outlook Options\Preferences\E-mail Options\"Do not use Conversational arrangement in Views"

For some reason Microsoft have made an error here as if you enable the setting conversation view is actually enabled as default. I have found if you disable this setting the conversation view is disabled and you do not even see it in outlook and the user cannot select conversation view.

By doing this i have found OWA now has conversations disabled once they start using outlook 2010.

hope this helps some people as it was stopping me rolling out 2010 as i know students and staff would be confused by conversation view.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We are rolling office 2010 out this summer as well but we were not think conv view would be a problem for staff since most have hotmail/gmail/yahoo email that all has conv views.
    What have your staff thought of it?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread