+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, MS Office 2010 Beta installed in French in Technical; Recently installed the Office Pro 2010 Beta from the PC Advisor DVD but it installed in French! I didn't see ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

MS Office 2010 Beta installed in French

Recently installed the Office Pro 2010 Beta from the PC Advisor DVD but it installed in French! I didn't see any option on the way through for language selection - anyone else experienced this?

Thank Post
    I downloaded from M$ and it was fine.

Try that

3. Thanks to jamesreedersmith from:

speckytecky (27th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Recently installed the Office Pro 2010 Beta from the PC Advisor DVD but it installed in French! I didn't see any option on the way through for language selection - anyone else experienced this?
    Better get a move on then to the nearest book store, and get a French Dictionary.

5. 2 Thanks to EduTech:

speckytecky (27th January 2010), stevenlong1985 (27th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Quel disapointment.

Gareth

7. Thanks to garethedmondson from:

Thank Post
    Applications will sometimes look at the PC's regional settings in order to determine what language option they should use - have you checked your machine's regional settings for hints of Frenchness?

On the other hand - it is a beta :-)

9. Thanks to theriver from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Must have been a case of my thick fingures hitting the keys and selecting French when I wasn't looking.

Natty way of learning some French words though anyhow!!

Thank Post

Office 2010 Beta also in French.

I used the PC Pro disk as well and the result is the French version also. I briefly saw a message before getting the Product registration Key, which said download from the disc...however having got the key the message had disappeared and I continued downloading via the website, specifying UK and UK-English, then during the download the the dialogue boxes changed to French and the result was a French Beta version in all applications. I supose I can put up with this as I can speak French, but I am learning some new vocabulary, however the Microsoft Language Tools (Utils de langue) confirm that the default language is in fact English ( Anglais - Grande Bretagne ) and I have deleted the secondary language, French and it has made no difference. There are various suggestions on how to change this via searches, but I have not attemped any so far. It would involve editing xml files which I would leave to an expert. A re-installation may have the desired effect, which would be easier and the email from Microsoft gives the link, but I am assuming that would also be in French, unless a complete re-installation allowed the set-up to make the change to English, which I had already specified in the first place.

12. Thanks to newsboy from:

speckytecky (24th February 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Newsboy - glad it wasn't an old duffer thing afterall

Quote Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
    I used the PC Pro disk as well and the result is the French version also. I briefly saw a message before getting the Product registration Key, which said download from the disc...however having got the key the message had disappeared and I continued downloading via the website, specifying UK and UK-English, then during the download the the dialogue boxes changed to French and the result was a French Beta version in all applications. I supose I can put up with this as I can speak French, but I am learning some new vocabulary, however the Microsoft Language Tools (Utils de langue) confirm that the default language is in fact English ( Anglais - Grande Bretagne ) and I have deleted the secondary language, French and it has made no difference. There are various suggestions on how to change this via searches, but I have not attemped any so far. It would involve editing xml files which I would leave to an expert. A re-installation may have the desired effect, which would be easier and the email from Microsoft gives the link, but I am assuming that would also be in French, unless a complete re-installation allowed the set-up to make the change to English, which I had already specified in the first place.

Thank Post

Version change french to english - solution found.

I decided to look again for a method to get english on all the buttons and thumbnails on the ribbon.
    Instead of going via the browser to microsoft help I went into the Office 2010 Beta, via Windows 7, start, programs, MS Office 2010, outils, preference de langue and in that dialogue box you get taken to the Beta Downloads, when you select, 'How do I get more display and help languages' (except it is in French at this point) mine is now in English and I cannot remember exactly what it said before. It takes you to the downloads, which are quite large, about 850MB or so. Although my laptop is 64bit, my Office is 32 bit which is compatible and more flexible than the 64 version, So you need to ensure that you get the correct download and the good news is that it is free. The Outlook files that the french version created, like the in box are labelled in french still and cannot be renamed, so the only possible way to change would be to delete the email account and re-instate it, I suspect.

A few weeks back I thought I had already tried the above, but perhaps I was using the normal MS download website.

Thank Post
    I discovered recently that if you manually extract some MS downloads, rather than using the /X switch, it can break the language stuff.

16. Thanks to Ric_ from:

newsboy (17th March 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread