+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, MS Word no "Save As" option in Technical; Hi there I have a problem in school at present on a laptop, where in word a specific user cannot ...

Thank Post

MS Word no "Save As" option

Hi there

I have a problem in school at present on a laptop, where in word a specific user cannot see the "Save As" function on word because it is not there, the function that appears to have replaced that is "Save As Web Page" now i know i could click that and change the file type to save it as and it would work fine however the staff here are not always inclined to use work arounds.

I was wondering if anyone here would know of a setting or reason why it now defaults to "Save As Web Page..." rather than "Save As" in Microsoft Word 2003?

Any replies appreciated
    Regards
    Darryl Wilcox

Thank Post
    have a look at M'Soft Word tools\options and look under the save tab. There is a section there for setting default save type. Hope this helps.

Peter

3. Thanks to Hedghog from:

Darryl_Wilcox (14th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Hello,
    I hate to state the obvious, but sometimes the obvious is overlooked. The "File" menu is fully expanded? i.e there's no little black arrow at the bottom of the menu?

If that's not the case, check the commands options, "Tools > Customise > Commands tab". In that tab, check the "file" menu and make sure the "Save As..." option is there. If it isn't, the "Rearrange Commands" button can let you re-add it, or shuffle the menu.

In the "Options" tab you can reset all menus to default, if you just want to blast it back to its original state in case it has been re-arranged or somehow deleted.

Should give you a place to start.

Hope that helps,

5. Thanks to Mako from:

Darryl_Wilcox (14th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Hedghog, i had a look and the default save type is set as .doc which is what it should be, thanks though.

Mako, You're right that the obvious is sometimes overlooked but not in this case, that was the first thing i did because i thought the staff member with the laptop was not doing that either lol.
    However your second idea worked, I will have to remember that for the future.

Thank you very much for your help guys,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread