+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Powerpoint & Flash Help in Technical; I am trying to create a simple powerpoint slideshow that will be on a loop as a display screen to ...

Thank Post

Powerpoint & Flash Help

I am trying to create a simple powerpoint slideshow that will be on a loop as a display screen to inform people of notices in a reception area. I have also created a flash file which shows how to access & navifate the information on the website. I have embedded the file into a slide as I want it to show in the middle of the display and it runs fine the first time. What I want it to do is continue to loop until it's cancelled, but although I can set the powerpoint to do this, when it gets to the slide with the flash slide it shows the flash file stopped at the end of the video rather than loop from the start. I have set the properties for the flash file for play and loop to true, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas what settings I need to change or if there is an easier way of doing it?

Thank Post
    It may seem a little backwards, but have you tried converting the flash file to a movie file (AVI Container or preferably WMV (assuming you're using windows - .MOV if a Mac)) and doing it that way.

I've done a few loops in the past for such things and that seems to work ok for showing the video.

Thank Post
    I tried converting the file to an AVI file, but ended up generating a huge file. Got any suggestions on good free software to do this?

Thank Post
    I came across Zamzar - Free online file conversion the other day (I think from another post on here). Not had chance to try it, but you may find that works for you.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    I am trying to create a simple powerpoint slideshow that will be on a loop as a display screen to inform people of notices in a reception area.
    How have you embedded the Flash movie inside the PowerPoint slide? If you use the generic "insert an OLE object" from the toolbar instead of using the dedicated option from the "insert" menu you'll get an on-page object that lets you set a bunch of parameters, one of which I'm pretty sure is a loop option for the Flash movie.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    How have you embedded the Flash movie inside the PowerPoint slide? If you use the generic "insert an OLE object" from the toolbar instead of using the dedicated option from the "insert" menu you'll get an on-page object that lets you set a bunch of parameters, one of which I'm pretty sure is a loop option for the Flash movie.

--
    David Hicks
    Yes, thats how I set it up, but no matter what I set, the play function always defaulted back to play:false. I have managed to get it working by using a macro I found on the web and saving it with as a powerpoint slideshow. Now the powerpoint loops and the flash file on one of the slides does too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread