Quote Originally Posted by DrPerceptron View Post
Code:
strApplicationName = "Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003"

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colSoftware = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * From Win32_Product Where Name = '" & strApplicationName & "'")

For Each objSoftware in colSoftware

	objSoftware.Uninstall()

Next
That's what I used to uninstall office when I dabbled with the deployment using XML... - you can get the App name from ARP I think that's where I got mine from, or query the relevant WMI table

In the end, I backed out, built an MSP, stuffed in the updates folder along with SP2 and rolled it out using the EXE as part of a startup script, worked on about 95% and I seem to remember the option to either uninstall or upgrade the existing copy of office when the installer ran.
Only just noticed this..

I used a msiex -x and then the string for 2003 whatever it is as a machine start up script...