Just been doing some reading / playing and at current we only install the Save as PDF plug-in to the computers that need it. However its useful, so thought I'd have a look at deploying it to all (M$ Download afterall, should have an MSI somewhere).
Worked it out and the solution is below.
- Download the "Save as PDF" or "Save as PDF and XPS" plug-in for Office 2007 (.exe)
- Save as PDF and XPS - Download details: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
- Install the add-in onto a computer manually
- Once complete, open up the following path - "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSECache\ExPdfXps\1033\"
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSECache\ExPdf\1033\" for just PDF
- Inside here is an MSI and CAB file, copy these to your share and deploy with Group Policy, its around 300k so installs in seconds
Hope its useful
Thanks for this very useful!
simply saving the exe file and then extracting to a folder works as well. Just a bit neater than having to install it and find the files.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)