+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Outlook starts as if it hasn't been run before in Technical; Had problems trying to fix (and search for a fix) on this one. One member of staff is using Outlook ...
    Thank Post

Outlook starts as if it hasn't been run before

Had problems trying to fix (and search for a fix) on this one.

One member of staff is using Outlook 2003 and it works fine from a .pst file stored in their network My Documents. A few times now it's started up as if Outlook has never been run and the member of staff has noticed a pattern between their activity and when this happens.

They had no problem logging on this morning and working. They then logged off and logged on to a local account on the computer. When they logged back on as a network user Outlook had forgotten them!

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank Post
    If you are using local profiles it could be that it is deleting the network profile when the user logs off. This could be a server setting (something in the security bit 'cache this many network logons' or something) or something on the local computer.

Something i do with the staff laptops is open the advanced user accounts panel (Run... control userpasswords2) then you can add a domain account as if it is a local user. This should stop the settings being deleted.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cromertech View Post
    If you are using local profiles it could be that it is deleting the network profile when the user logs off. This could be a server setting (something in the security bit 'cache this many network logons' or something) or something on the local computer.

Something i do with the staff laptops is open the advanced user accounts panel (Run... control userpasswords2) then you can add a domain account as if it is a local user. This should stop the settings being deleted.
    Fingers crossed - I've checked that as I thought I already had it setup like that and it isn't...

Another thought is that when it he logs onto the local machine it's unable to authenticate on the wireless network - perhaps I'll ask him to restart the machine between logins to give the computer a chance to pickup the network again...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread