+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Disable the first time user registration wizard in Technical; Is it possible to disable the first time user registration for open office 3? If any one has accomplished this, ...
    Thank Post

Disable the first time user registration wizard

Is it possible to disable the first time user registration for open office 3? If any one has accomplished this, then any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    We could'nt find a way. The only way we could find to get around it was to install the portable version it does all that we want.

3. Thanks to rush_tech from:

clarky2k3 (4th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There's some info on Appdeploy about this.

http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=497

5. Thanks to Geoff from:

Thank Post
    I managed to do it, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I did it. Seem to vaguely remember it's done by using a special extraction method to get the MSI. When I remember I will post.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Yes there is - you can use my VERY bad script if you like.....

Guide to bad scripting - By ME !!

8. Thanks to mattx from:

Thank Post
    Ah yes now I remember. It's is all to to with the office.org folder held in appdata of a user profile. Here we use two types of profile mandatory for pupils and local for staff. For mandatory profiles I simply copied the openoffice.org folder after registration into the appdata folder of the profile. For local profiles I use a user startup batch file to copy the openoffice.org folder after registration from a server share down to the local profile. Hope this makes sense.

10. Thanks to jsnetman from:

Thank Post
    Thanks for all your help but for now I just replaced the default icons on the start menu with custom-made icons with targets as follows:

"C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3.0\program\sbase.exe" -nofirststartwizard
    "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3.0\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard
    etc...

12. 2 Thanks to clarky2k3:

PICNIC (3rd March 2011), tmcd35 (26th August 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnetman View Post
    Ah yes now I remember. It's is all to to with the office.org folder held in appdata of a user profile. Here we use two types of profile mandatory for pupils and local for staff. For mandatory profiles I simply copied the openoffice.org folder after registration into the appdata folder of the profile. For local profiles I use a user startup batch file to copy the openoffice.org folder after registration from a server share down to the local profile. Hope this makes sense.
    I would also second this solution as its the method we used here to stop the Registration Wizard from starting.

The file in question resides in %userprofile%\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registry\data\org\openo ffice and is called setup.xcu
    Last edited by AngryITGuy; 13th November 2008 at 09:04 PM.

Thank Post

15. Thanks to torry_loon from:

CyberNerd (13th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky2k3 View Post
    Thanks for all your help but for now I just replaced the default icons on the start menu with custom-made icons with targets as follows:

"C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3.0\program\sbase.exe" -nofirststartwizard
    "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3.0\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard
    etc...
    IIRC this method won't help if someone opens OOo by doubleclicking a file.
    put this in a batchfile to sort that.

Code:
    ftype opendocument.CalcDocument.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.CalcTemplate.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe" -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.DatabaseDocument.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\sbase.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.DrawDocument.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\sdraw.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.DrawTemplate.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe" -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.ImpressDocument.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\simpress.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.ImpressTemplate.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.MathDocument.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\smath.exe" -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.WriterDocument.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\swriter.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.WriterGlobalDocument.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe" -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.WriterTemplate.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe" -o "%%1"

ftype opendocument.WriterWebTemplate.1="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Docx="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\swriter.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Dotx="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\swriter.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Docm="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\swriter.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Dotm="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\swriter.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Pptx="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\simpress.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Pptm="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\simpress.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Xlsb="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Xlsx="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Xlsm="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Xltm="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard -o "%%1"

ftype OpenOffice.org.Xltx="C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\scalc.exe" -nofirststartwizard
    another option is to make a default application data\openoffice.org directory in the users (mandatory) profile. This method means you can modify startup times and set other default settings.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread