+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Access Error Msg - "Unable to create your report" in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Access Error Msg - "Unable to create your report"

We seem to be having a strange issue with MS Access. Every time a user tries to run a report using the wizard, Access throws up the following message:

“The wizard is unable to create your report”

I have searched the net and tried a few of the suggestions, the one which seems to work is changing the default printer to anything that isn’t a network printer and running the wizard again and it seems to work fine. The problem is that students do not have access to change default printers and I don’t feel the need to give them access just to work around this problem.

Running the report wizard in our office seems to work fine and we only have network printers mapped.

Anyone come across this before?

Thank Post
    We had a similar problem which was due to pupils opening up MS office programs before the printer scripts had finished running. We found that if they close and then re-opened office it would work fine. This was due to MS Office not detecting any printers installed. Could this be a similar issue.

If they select a different printer for access to use instead of changing the default printer does this solve the problem?

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I tried again and waited for the AutoPrint script to finish and loaded Access but the report still produced the error message.

I think I may have narrowed it down to be a driver issue. I set a different network printer to default and the report ran fine.

The rooms that have the problems have the Konica Minolta Magicolor 5440 set as default. We are using the latest set of drivers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 754 Posts
    @Penfold:
    Yes this was an issue as MSaccess needs to have a default printer mapped before it can run any reports, i would check printer scripts are running and completing before application sets are applied.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread