Office Software Thread, Issues authenticating to KMS server in Technical; So for some reason during our imaging using MDT Office does not hit our kms server.
I found that running ...
25th June 2014, 03:45 PM #1
- Rep Power
Issues authenticating to KMS server
So for some reason during our imaging using MDT Office does not hit our kms server.
I found that running these 2 commands work for both machines on and off the domain:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\"
cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:xxx.xxx.xxx
cscript ospp.vbs /act
I just can't get the script to work while the machine is imaging...
Any ideas? If i browse to the location of the .cmd file and run the script as an admin once the machine is registered it works, but id like for it to run during deployment. I created it as a new application pointed to the folder using the cmd.exe /c officelicense.cmd info...
22nd July 2014, 01:48 PM #2
- Rep Power
We've never done this as part of our image. We have our office install with an admin file (created with OCT, KMS marked in the licensing section) and then when the machine is imaged and brings itself up on the domain, it licenses itself after contacting the KMS server (I would guess at the same time as Windows does this too).
22nd July 2014, 02:04 PM #3
I think for both Office and Windows, if left alone, there's a 30 day grace period before the client needs to contact the server for licencing. And the server will only dish out licenses if the prerequisite number of requests have been met. I tend to get impatient and use the VAMT tool on the KMS server to force update the clients with license info.
22nd July 2014, 02:14 PM #4
- Rep Power
Indeed, 25 for Windows, 5 for Office IIRC? That said, I've never seen Office or Windows without activation in our environment after an SCCM 2012 Task Sequence Deployment. One thing I did find was for a number of virtual desktops we use - I'd installed Office 2013 and run all the exe's in the machine used as the template. Every subsequent template was then spawned with the same Office identifier and thus wouldn't activate as the KMS server saw only 1 request. I had to run one of the VBscripts in the Office files which "re-prepped" the Office installation. Subsequent machine deployments from this template all have unique identifiers now.
Originally Posted by tmcd35
By klop in forum Windows Server 2008
Last Post: 8th November 2013, 03:11 PM
By andrewj in forum Windows Server 2008
Last Post: 10th March 2011, 07:56 AM
By Stuart_C in forum Educational Software
Last Post: 20th January 2011, 02:36 PM
By meastaugh1 in forum Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Last Post: 24th October 2008, 11:56 AM
By Mango_RW in forum Windows
Last Post: 6th October 2005, 01:49 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)