+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Issues authenticating to KMS server in Technical; So for some reason during our imaging using MDT Office does not hit our kms server. I found that running ...

Thank Post

Issues authenticating to KMS server

So for some reason during our imaging using MDT Office does not hit our kms server.

I found that running these 2 commands work for both machines on and off the domain:

c:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\"
    cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:xxx.xxx.xxx
    cscript ospp.vbs /act

I just can't get the script to work while the machine is imaging...

Any ideas? If i browse to the location of the .cmd file and run the script as an admin once the machine is registered it works, but id like for it to run during deployment. I created it as a new application pointed to the folder using the cmd.exe /c officelicense.cmd info...

Thank Post
    We've never done this as part of our image. We have our office install with an admin file (created with OCT, KMS marked in the licensing section) and then when the machine is imaged and brings itself up on the domain, it licenses itself after contacting the KMS server (I would guess at the same time as Windows does this too).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think for both Office and Windows, if left alone, there's a 30 day grace period before the client needs to contact the server for licencing. And the server will only dish out licenses if the prerequisite number of requests have been met. I tend to get impatient and use the VAMT tool on the KMS server to force update the clients with license info.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I think for both Office and Windows, if left alone, there's a 30 day grace period before the client needs to contact the server for licencing. And the server will only dish out licenses if the prerequisite number of requests have been met. I tend to get impatient and use the VAMT tool on the KMS server to force update the clients with license info.
    Indeed, 25 for Windows, 5 for Office IIRC? That said, I've never seen Office or Windows without activation in our environment after an SCCM 2012 Task Sequence Deployment. One thing I did find was for a number of virtual desktops we use - I'd installed Office 2013 and run all the exe's in the machine used as the template. Every subsequent template was then spawned with the same Office identifier and thus wouldn't activate as the KMS server saw only 1 request. I had to run one of the VBscripts in the Office files which "re-prepped" the Office installation. Subsequent machine deployments from this template all have unique identifiers now.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread