+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Excel - count if statement to fill color in a cell in Technical; Hi all Wonder if anyone knew if it was possible to produce a countif statement that would use certain results ...
    Thank Post

Excel - count if statement to fill color in a cell

Hi all

Wonder if anyone knew if it was possible to produce a countif statement that would use certain results and then fill the cell a certain colour.

I know you can use a countif to count cell colours.

I am basically trying to use a countif to pull through assessment data (which I have already done, it works out percentage A-C, A-G etc) and then based on the results then colour the cells that tells me if that grade is expected or beyond expected by comparing it to other data within the spreadsheet.

Is this possible, any ideas / comments much appreciated. (Office 2010 and 2013 both in use - if that helps)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do, but if you want to colour a cell based on its value, wouldn't using Conditional Formatting on that cell be a better option?

3. Thanks to sparkeh from:

rickypike (5th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Yes I am already using some conditional formatting within the spreadsheet, I might be over complicating it (perhaps need a coffee and a break) by trying to make one formula do everything. What I think I'm going to do is use a countif to tot up all the grades and then another to put into A-C, A-G and work out the percentages etc (which I have working great and colour coding) and then create a separate column that then does a countif against that data to give me expected or beyond expected progress and then conditional format the results - hope that kinda makes sense. Thanks sparkeh for the info..... it was what I needed..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread