+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Activation during / after deploying Office 2010 / OCT in Technical; I am trying to deploy Office 2010 Standard through group policy startup computer script. Installing goed fine but then the ...

Thank Post

Activation during / after deploying Office 2010 / OCT

I am trying to deploy Office 2010 Standard through group policy startup computer script. Installing goed fine but then the MAK activation is the big problem....the MAK key is already given in the OCT configuration so the key is good.

Have almost the complete silent install however struggling with activation. Tried the above command in OCT with the cmd.exe /c etc switch but nothing happens because after starting a office programm activation requered coms in. It could be do that the installation is in a batchfile and runs in a computer GPO maybe the system user has no rights to activate….
    I cannot find a log file in %temp% to see what errors are…
    I have also tried to set a batchfile at computer startup the runonce and even force in the OCT to start the machine up after Office 2010 is installed but then i need to restart the machine again because the runonce batchfile is put there after a restart is taken place i guess so the machine needs to reboot the second time for the activation batchfile runs.
    I am now seeking a easy way to activate silently and automatically without user intervention.
    Summarize what i have tried:
    configure office thru OCT in the OCT tried AUTO_ACTIVATE =1 and add registry keys which adds a key in the runonce to start a batchfile which suppoce to activate Office. But after install office the machine restarts and after login the batch is not started, it is started next reboot....
    Als tried in OCT to run cscript OSPP /act as a command post installation.
    Non of the above works. Auto_activate and the direct script OSPP does nothing. The batchfile in the runonce starts the OSPP command but after a new restart so it needs 2 restarts.

The msp file is saved on a shared resource and the command to start the msp file is put in a batchfile which runs at startup script thru gpo, so maybe the local system user which runs the installation then cannot access the internet or whatever but thatswhy i made batchfile in the runonce so that batch is started under the user, but if only the batchfile would start after the installation and reboot of Office 2010 and not reboot again to start it...
    A point of interest:
    Starting everything manually like the activation batchfile with OSPP in it and the activation after logging in as a normal user is also successfully..
    What else can i do to activate Office automatically?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts

Thank Post
    We do batch mak activation through VAMT. No hardware to run KMS unfortunately, but with vamt, select all PC, do activate, done.

Thank Post
    Ok, i have seen vamt but the problem is that Office will be installed when the user start the system in the morning, then logging in while the installation is running. Wait 5 minutes then the user starts a office program like MS Office and will facing the activation screen. You do not know how late the user will put the machine on so you cannot activate immediattly. This was the planning install and activate at once so the user does not have to do anything...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Then you need to run kms.

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Why does it succeed with others with MAK keys and activation?

It can be done with MAK keys in stead of KMS so i would like to try out aomething. Like putting the registry key in statup once but then before the office installes so when rebooting the machine after install he just get activated with the command in the batchfile to OSPP /act. Or something like that. There must be more people who have succeed? I have given the websites to activate free in the proxy server. Given the user rights to activate the produkt so the only reason that he is failing to activate must be that installing thru GPO is under the system user and thats seems to be the problem....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread