+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Microsoft EES Agreement - Home Use in Technical; Hi Guys, A few heads of department and LT have asked me where they can buy the office package cheap ...
    Thank Post

Question Microsoft EES Agreement - Home Use

Hi Guys,

A few heads of department and LT have asked me where they can buy the office package cheap for home use, however we have a EES agreement in place.

Am i able to give them a copy of office under our agreement? Will only be a select few so i can keep tabs on it if allowed.

I seen mentions of 'Work at home rights' as long as the device is used for work?

Many thanks
    Last edited by Darylrese; 8th October 2013 at 08:08 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darylrese View Post
    Am i able to give them a copy of office under our agreement? Will only be a select few so i can keep tabs on it if allowed.

I seen mentions of 'Work at home rights' as long as the device is used for work?

Many thanks
    No. I'd contact whoever your license agreement was bought from and enquire about Work At Home; I know Viglen do a lot of the work for you. Never done it as all the staff I work with are too tight to even buy a mouse for their laptop, let alone software, but the idea is that staff can then go to the online store, pay their money and d/l the software. Not sure how up-to-date this info is, but more details here.

Thank Post
    Don't use Work at home, the responsibility is *yours* if they keep it when they leave, and you are not allowed to supply media for it iirc.
    Use the Home Use Program, enable it on the agreement and then you can give staff an ID to sign up for Office at 9.99, they get their own download/key or media if they want it.

Work at home is also *ONLY* for work use, not personal. Home use does not have this restriction.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The home use program is good and offers offers 2013 for 8.95 now.
    Just be careful as office 2013 is only compatible with Windows 7 and above.

You do need software assurance with your agreement though.

Thank Post
    We offer the home use program with our staff also - you just have to be careful they don't start sharing the details with friends and family as I think you are only entitled to the same number of licences as your Full time numbers as per your EES agreement.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    We offer the home use program with our staff also - you just have to be careful they don't start sharing the details with friends and family as I think you are only entitled to the same number of licences as your Full time numbers as per your EES agreement.
    It will only allow 1 per user.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah we offer Office under the work at home rights. People sign some paperwork saying its for work use only and will be removed if they employment ends etc.
    Funnily enough the paperwork puts a lot of people off.

Thank Post
    We offered HUP to all staff (its dead easy to setup and for staff to order it) from our EES agreement - as above your limited to the number of full time staff (as per your EES (so if you have 200 staff you have 200 Offices that can be allocated) and its based around the domain email account you specify.

Out of 106 staff - 5 licenses have been taken up - one was by me testing it!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelMan View Post
    We offered HUP to all staff (its dead easy to setup and for staff to order it) from our EES agreement - as above your limited to the number of full time staff (as per your EES (so if you have 200 staff you have 200 Offices that can be allocated) and its based around the domain email account you specify.

Out of 106 staff - 5 licenses have been taken up - one was by me testing it!
    Same with us. Out of 150 staff only 12 licences taken up. You would think staff would jump at the chance to get the latest Office product for 8.95.

Thank Post
    Thats interesting - we offer HUP and I would say well over a third of our staff have taken it up. It is an absolute bargain for the price.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Linfit View Post
    Thats interesting - we offer HUP and I would say well over a third of our staff have taken it up. It is an absolute bargain for the price.
    i thought so too - especially as they offer the mac version - but you can take a horse to water, etc. etc.

One thing I should have mentioned is that it is limited to 1 installation per person, however you can contact Microsoft to reissue a code to move it from one device to another. I think its pretty good offering - however if you are looking at this sort of thing you can do it free via SkyDrive (although its Office lite rather than full fat)

Thank Post
    Chaps, where do you sign up for this? I have MEES and my licensing provider is being a little vague on any info (I am sure it will be a different story when it's time to renew). I can't seem to find anything sensible anywhere. Really just need to register my school for HUP to get a few staff off my back.

Thank Post
    If someone says via the MVLS website, I apologise, I may have just found it.....

Thank Post
    Your EES provider needs to sign you up and is all done via a website. I'm not sure if it is the same site for everyone but ours is onthehub.com. They need to make the first contact though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread