+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, SharePoint and Office woes in Technical; Sorry if this is the wrong section. I couldn't see a SharePoint section, and I think the problem I have ...

Thank Post

SharePoint and Office woes

Sorry if this is the wrong section. I couldn't see a SharePoint section, and I think the problem I have is due to Office.

I have a user who is unable to open Excel documents from SharePoint 2010, the web app toolbars appear as they should but the content stops on the "loading" text with the circle.
    The documents open fine if they select "Open in Excel" from the drop down when viewing the document library.

The web app works fine for the other 30 odd staff in the same department, but not for this one user (all their PC's are built identical).

I've tried an Office repair, renaming the OWSPUPP.DLL found in Office15 to that the OWSPUP.DLL is used from Office 14 (we have Office 2010 and Lync 2013), resetting IE, deleting all temporary files, running in compatibility mode, running as administrator.

This is a similar issue that appears randomly for staff, where staff click "Open in x" (Word or Excel) and the page reports that a version of Office isn't installed. We think its because we're running Office 2010 and Lync 2013 (they have different Office folders within Program files, ones is Office 14 for 2010, and the other is Office 15 for 2013) and they both have a file named OWSPUP, which appears to be linked to opening office files from SharePoint.

There doesn't appear to be a sure fix for either issue, and the PC's that are effected are little in numbers, but the fact it happens is annoying.

The last option is to rebuild the PCs.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What if you login as someone else and try and open the document

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread