+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Office 2010 Clip Organizer and SCCM in Technical; Hello, this is my first post and it may seem a bit simple to some but I have just about ...

Thank Post

Office 2010 Clip Organizer and SCCM

Hello,
    this is my first post and it may seem a bit simple to some but I have just about managed to get my head around SCCM recently so I'm a little fried.

After having a base image setup for Windows 7, Office 2010 and all of our curriculum software I managed to role it out to our new systems without a hitch. There were a few teething problems with the initial GPO setup but in the end I got there. This was my first time working properly with them and I was left unsupervised.

Anyway, after a week or so I began to receive complaints from staff that they could no longer put clip art into their office documents. Upon looking Office 2010 was installed without any of the tools etc.

No I was told that SCCM would make my life easier around the school. The management of 150+ systems was a little time consuming but SCCM has created some slack on my work load.

I was wondering if any bright people out there could offer up a solution to install just the clip organizer parts of Office 2010 (maybe tools etc too) without having to venture to each individual machine and run the changes from the disc.

It will be greatly appreciated and hopefully one day I will be able to offer some words of wisdom to others.

Thank Post
    You could change the setup to add the clip art parts. Then update distribution points and deploy i don't know how you do a required re install.

3. Thanks to free780 from:

MrMDStreet (30th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Unfortunately Office was not installed through SCCM, it was installed on a virtual machine from which the image was captured.

Thank Post
    The msi identifier is the same. Add the application to sccm follow ms instructions.

Thank Post
    You also new to add a registry entry to the criteria when sccm client detects the application which are created when the clip art is present.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread