+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Word 2010,taking ages to load file. in Technical; Hello All, I have two issues with Microsoft Word 2010. 1) I have recently upgraded our machines to Windows 7 ...

Thank Post

Word 2010,taking ages to load file.

Hello All,

I have two issues with Microsoft Word 2010.

1)I have recently upgraded our machines to Windows 7 running Office 2010.The school was previously running XP with Office 2003,the teachers create a document for the children to open on there laptops a so they can follow steps to creating a piece of work.

Previously with the old set-up this was fine the children could open the documents, now with the new configuration if I have 15 laptops all accessing the the word document from a share some open up fine but some just sit at windows is starting for around 10 minutes then it doesn't respond.If you try it a few times eventually it opens?

Seems to be an issue with multiple users opening the same document which was previously fine on the old config(XP,O2003)?Has anybody ever had this issue?Is there a way of fixing it need need to fix it ASAP as it is becoming increasingly frustrating for the Staff to teach.Is it a network issue?

2)Next issue is when some documents are being used,they will just freeze and when you try and open another word document or try and close it, it says there is a dialogue box open they only way to fix is too log off and log back on?

Thanks Guys Look forward to your replys

Thank Post
    Hey,

Did you install office 2010 when you still had office 2003 on? When I tried that once the laptop started doing what you have been describing, To solve this I had to take office completely off the laptop and then reinstall office 2010 on.

There are tools to unistall office products completely here : - How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

hope this helps

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread