+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Documents will not print - Windows 7 32bit in Technical; Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there has come across this really strange problem with Windows 7 32bit and ...
    ALR

Thank Post

Documents will not print - Windows 7 32bit

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has come across this really strange problem with Windows 7 32bit and Office 2010. We have set up a HP LJ400 on our Server 2008 print server which works fine except when trying to print a Word 2010 document with less than 4 lines of text. We have also set the printer up locally using USB but have the same problem. If we open a document with more than 4 lines of text, or create a new document and type more that 4 lines of text, the document prints. If we simply write "Testing 123" and print, the document shows up on the print queue for a split second but does not print out. This is evident both when installed directly on the PC via USB, or installed from the print server.

We have tried changing the settings from using the Print Spooler to printing directly to printer, but there is no change. We have also tried every print driver out there for the printer, but again there is no change.

Has anyone else come across this problem? We are currently attempting a re-install of Office and will post results in case anyone else comes across this issue.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Al

ALR

Thank Post
    We have found the resolution for this ourselves. It was a problem within PCounter, our print control software. We removed the printer from PCounter and all works as normal. We are now going to look into the problem with PCounter!

Many Thanks,
    Al

Thank Post
    We have just installed a new trial of Pcounter & have come across this issue or very similar. I'll try to replicate your conditions & test again. If you find any help please share here. Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread