Can wds deploy windows 7 with multiple partitions ?
So I decided to look into WDS to deploy a windows 7 image using this article
Windows Deployment Services Getting Started Guide
Quite long winded but I struggled through and basically did
1) set up my machine PC1 which has C:\ and D:\ drives
2) sysprep /oobe /generalize /shutdown
3) create capture image on server from existing boot image
4) PXE boot PC1 and select capture image and add it as an install image to server
5) PXE boot PC2 select boot image and choose to install my previously captured image
Now PC2 goes into a "standard" windows setup, e.g. choose UK keyboard, timezone, user etc
Also I deleted the old partitions on the drive (necessary to avoid a windows.old folder ?)
Eventually I get to login only to find no D:\ drive (think correct term is volume or partition ?)
It has created the hidden "100 MB windows 7 system partition" though.
Am I missing something here ? Can't believe it is only possible to image PCs with a single C:\ drive ?