Im a bit stuck
Ok, ive gone back a few steps.
I have my Windows 7 operating system with software/updates captured and waiting in my WDS console (well im working on it at the moment, but this is how far i can get without issue).
How do you do the next stage? i.e deploying finished OS to multiple machines. My first attempt ended horribly with multiple errors, too many to Google lol! Can i see your customsettings or task sequence please?
You mention WDS and task sequence. Are you using WDS on it's own or are you using MDT/SCCM as well?
If you have your image in WDS and you have added task sequences etc setup in MDT then all should be good to go aslong as you have right clicked "MDT Depoyment Share" and have clicked update. Once you've updated it then the task sequence will be added to your OS deployment. The next stage is to make sure you have your boot images setup in WDS and have your PXE setup on your network if you have go to a client and boot from network and it should boot straight into WDS/MDT and you should be prompted for a login box to start the deployment.
That is pretty much what i did. My first issue was it was asking me about partitions but i fixed that by messing with the customsettings but then goodness knows what i did the next time round as it failed with loads of errors.
I shall have another ago, is it just the standard task squence i use?
Which image did you put into WDS the captured image (The OS) or the boot image that MDT has made? It sounds like you have put the captured image into WDS and you need to put the normal boot image into WDS.
How did you capture the image in the first place?
Yeah all standard task sequences here, all works fine!
Captured using WDS...not sure which way round i used the captured image. Will pay more attention this time. :)
I never used a captured image, just used a Windows 7 Disc .... WDS did the rest!
If you want to use MDT then you should of:
1. Setup MDT and all its pre requisites.
2. Imported a Windows 7 Disc/source so it can use this for installs and making the boot images.
3. Updated the deployment share which will have created the boot images in your deployment share.
4. Set up a standard capture task.
5. Gone to WDS and imported a new boot image and browsed to the boot images on the deployment share.
6. Loaded up your machine ready for capture and browsed to the deployment share and ran litetouch.wsf
7. Machine will have been sysprepped and captured.
8. Created an install sequence in MDT and point to your newly captured image.
9. Boot of your image from WDS and select your install task.
That's pretty much it. Since you have already captured your image you should be able to add it the same way you add the OS image in step 2 and then do step 8 and 9.