PXE Boot Aborted error
Been trying to configure SCCM (R3) as my primary OSD deployment service but running into some trouble with PXE
This happens whether the PC is known to SCCM or not
The details below show the information relating to the PXE boot request for this computer. Please provide these details to your Windows Deployment Services Administrator so that this request can be approved.
Pending Request ID: 45
Contacting Server: 192.168.200.4.
TFTP Download: smsboot\x64\abortpxe.com
PXE Boot aborted. Booting to next device...
SCCM is in Native mode - all certificates are in place!
I removed WDS and re-installed it so that I could get the PXE Role working in SCCM.
MDT is configured but being bypassed since the re-install of WDS.
Anyone got any ideas on what to do?
what does smspxe.log say?
in the SMS_CCM\Logs (under program files or Program files(x86) )
use trace32 from the toolkit.
Download details: System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Toolkit V2
Getting a lot of "No boot action for device (1603) found" errors...
Will have a closer look tomorrow and try and attach the log file...
i'm thinking your boot image.
is the client x64? do you have both x64 and x86 boot images?
is the boot image distributed to the boot image distribution point and the site distribution point ? <SERVERNAME> and <SERVERNAME>\SMSPXEIMAGES$ (apologies if you know this already, but right click on the boot image and select manage distribution points)
check the boot image specified on the task sequence.
hopefully you'll have it working tommorow.! if not fire any questions, I've just spent the last week getting ours to work and came across quite a few "gotcha's" but its all running smoothly now,
except of course the edu-tec machines all supplied with the same GUID :doh:
oh and do the "clear PXE advertisement" just in case it started to boot and then failed quickly.
This has caught me out a few times, but the following link has a few ways this can happen and how to get rid of it.
how to get rid of abortpxe.com - www.windows-noob.com
Got quite a few modern HP desktops with duplicates, some older laptops with a couple of BLANK guids (credit to HP they wrote a custom guid tool to insert this for one particular modern laptop) but quite a few of the old RM desktops have guids common like 123456789 :doh:
Originally Posted by oxide54
are they derivitive from the HP line or the compaq line. ?
its confusing cause the ex compaq line is now called "HP Buisness Desktop" and a lot of what is actually hp is now branded compaq.
the original compaq line, now "HP Buisness Desktop" lets you change the guid in the BIOS setup. you can tell a compaq derived machine from the custom BIOS its look hasn't changed much in the last 10-15 years, where as HP derived machines have a standard BIOS.
At the moment I am failing to get this to work on an HP dc5800SF and an RM Desktop 300
Will check the x64 boot image and ensure its on the DP and have a read at the windoows-noob link thats been posted
Ok tinkered with the x64 image and updated its DP
Also added the two PCs to my "PXE Deployment" collection as described in the link above
The client now PXE Boots - hurrah!
However it then fails to get the task sequence - Boo!!
Closer inspection of the SMSTSLog file implies that its not getting its SSL Certificate, so fails to be authenticated
I'm guessing I don't have the correct certificate installed on the PXE Role.. Any idea which one I need - web searches dont seem awfully clear..
PS: I noticed when it PXE booted it didn't wait for F12 - please tell me this wont automatically try and reimage every PC unless I put it in the PXE collection! (Added a password to the PXE Role for now just in case!)
It works! woohoo!
So apart from the F12 query everything is now integrated into SCCM!
Had to edit one of my Certificates to allow the private key to be exported!
The F12 thing is to do with whether the deployment is assigned as mandatory or not, i.e. if it's assigned as mandatory then you don't get the F12 prompt and it goes straight into TS.
To check or alter an advertisment then just find it under Site Database -> Computer Management -> Software Distribution -> Advertisements then right click the relevant advterisement and shoose properties, then switch to the schedule tab and there you can alter manadatory assignments.
Virtually everything sorted now, just some drivers to add in and some tweaking of the Task Sequences
Got a script to remove the PC from the deployment collection(s) when it completes (see here)
The one final issue is the password from the PXE Role.. It just reappears after I click OK...