Dell E6410 and FOG
I am attempting to switch my company from norton ghost to FOG. Currently the only issue I am having is that we are switching all laptops to Dell Latitude E6410 and I cant seem to make an image deploy to it. I have overcome Kernel upgrade issues to make it work with the hardware but now images will not deploy to it. These are the current steps I am taking.
1. Quick inventory of computer
2. Create image with the option (Multiple Partition - Single Disk
3. Create task to upload an image from the host created in step 1
4. Successful image creation
5. Add next E6410 as host to FOG
6. Quick inventory and attempt to image
7. After reboot it checks the hard drive, restores MBR, then gives me an error of "Cant have partition outside of hard drive"
All the machines have the same size HD and have 3 partitions. One fat32, an NTFS, and the dell utility partition.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You could try booting from a Gparted live disk and going to Device > Create Partition Table and see if that works. It works for me when I run into that but only with hard drives that are completely wiped (which is usually the replacements I get from Dell warranty repair). I have at least one machine I can't figure out how to image because no matter what this error comes up and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of documentation on that error.
Thanks for the reply. I have since figured the problem out. Some of the hard drives report back as 159.3 GB vs 160 GB. I found one the the drive that reports smaller and made an image using it. This has solved the issue.