Usercleanup not working
Just realised after 6 months that the user cleanup feature of FOG doesn't seem to work properly, but only on some machines. I've checked the correct settings are applied to it in fog, and the fog.log on the machine just mentions the protected accounts, but doesn't say anything else regarding user cleanup which is odd - normally when I've seen it working, it logs the users it deletes.
This is now creating a problem, as I have hundreds of user profiles clogging up my machines :(
If I use Delprof it runs and deletes them fine, but I was hoping FOG would handle this for me.
Anyone got any ideas as to why it might not be working?
OK, some further reading would suggest I've miss understood this part of the fog service. It only deletes local accounts, and NOT the profiles left behind by network user accounts - damn!
(If there was ever a case of RTFM I think this is it.)
I thought this was for network profiles too, in testing mine didn't work either.
Thanks for the info.
I also worked out why it appeared to work on some machines - the ones I thought it was working on have the User Hive Cleanup Service on them as well which was doing its job, but there's some types of machine in the school that don't have this service on as it must have been missed in the build. I've rolled this out to the whole school now so it should ease the problems.
Would be dead handy if FOG actually did remove traces of stale network accounts - I might have to suggest this as a development on their forum.
Maniac: the hive cleanup works well to a point but it does not work every time here. I made a script that runs on startup/shutdown which clears them out as well. Works well for us here at least.