Office 2003 / 2007 Snapin creation and deployment
I apologize for being MIA to this site for awhile (the entire FOG project to be precise). But I'm back, and I have created a new video showing how to create a snapin for Office 2003 and deploy it out to the masses =)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSMJLnRjn94"]YouTube- Fog Project: Creating a snapin of Office 2003 using SFX Maker[/ame]
Process is fairly straight forward.
1. Copy / extract the setup files to a folder on your desktop
2. Download and install the 2003 ORK (office resource kit) from M$'s website
3. Run the ORK and create an .mst file (run the Custom Maintenance Installation Wizard)
4. Save the .mst as "unattended.mst" (without quotes) and save it in the root of your 2003 setup folder
5. Copy and paste this text below and save it as a Batch Script in notepad
6. Download and install SFX Maker - Link
ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Windows\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-
7. Run SFX Maker (note it can not be run from a Virtual environment) as a Folder install and point the setup / installer to the batch script we created earlier
8. Select your compression and .exe tags / information
9. Compress the file down (it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 min's depending on the compression you select and the speed of your pc)
10. Finished! Make a new snapin with your FOG server and register it with one of your client pc's.
11. Test the install out! =)
I've also included a really short example video of the file being run from a snapin envyroment (the above video shows it being run as a standalone in XP, so my apologies) link
As always if you have any questions / comments let me know.