Build & Capture Profile issue
I'm still learning how to build and capture an image so you'll have to excuse me if this a silly question.
Here's my procedure so far (using Hyper-V, MDT 2012 & SCCM 2012):
1. MDT TS to install Windows 7
2. MDT TS to install Windows updates
3. MDT TS to install software
4. MDT TS to update software via custom Powershell script
5. MDT TS to install Windows updates
6. MDT TS to 'Pause' procedure which will allow me to make a few manual changes
7. MDT TS to capture final image
8. SCCM to deploy final image which is also using an unattend.xml to set 'CopyProfile=true'
This all works great for staff accounts as they use a standard profile (roaming) but students use a mandatory profile and what I'm noticing is that not all manual changes made to the image are being applied to these accounts.
I'm assuming I would need to create a new mandatory profile using the newly created image for these settings to stick? If so my next issue would be that I wanted to test this image in a small area first before rolling it out site wide but I can't because of the above issue.
I've been working on creating an image for 3 weeks now, learning from scratch and thought I had it licked but that doesn't appear to be the case.... does anyone else have any ideas how I can push out a test image to a small section of the school so both students and staff can test it?