+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, FOG_0.32 Windows 7 image deployment locks up on second partition after 5 seconds in Technical; First thread post ever, For the company I work for I was tasked to Image all the computers to Win7 ...
    Thank Post

FOG_0.32 Windows 7 image deployment locks up on second partition after 5 seconds

First thread post ever,

For the company I work for I was tasked to Image all the computers to Win7 pro.
    System Specs: HP 6200 Pro (all I had to work with) running Ubuntu 12.04 and FOG_0.32. Everything is working fabulous except when it comes to deployment of the image.

The steps I have taken to fix the issue: Re-installed windows from disk and uploaded every way possible.I made sure to run the fog prep and services, I did not run any sysprep. I have uploaded in Multiple Partition, Single Partition and Raw. The upload runs fine and goes without a hitch, when I go to deploy it installs the first partition which is the system reserve 100mb. When it goes to install the 2nd partition (The important one) it will run for 5 seconds and lock up EVERY TIME. I have tried with 5 different machines and they all lock up. I have updated the BIOS and made sure that FOG was compatible with this system, it is. I can deploy memtest, harddrive wipe and everything else. Only when it comes to deploying an actual image does it lock up. Now, I have tested this with the install disks from hp and a fresh copy of windows 7 retail. The same thing happens over and over should I roll back the version of Ubuntu and Fog to an earlier version.
    I have seen no help with this version of fog concerning this issue.

Thanks

ITG

Thank Post
    I Just had the same issue. In order to Fix i had to roll back ubuntu to ver 10.4. However after the deployment was completed it broke my win 7 install Hope this helps, let me know if you have the same results

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread